Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Request for an Invoice
For invoice and payment receipts please click here
For Bank Transfer option, please contact email@example.com
Credit Card We accept all major credit cards register Wire Transfer
Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Training Courses:
- Any student who cancels within 48 hours of the initial registration AND has not accumulated more than 30 minutes of training online will be refunded in full or transferred to another course of the student's choice.
- If your cancellation is made AFTER 24 hours from the time of registration or if you have completed more than 30 minutes of training, your tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Students have 90 days from the date of registration to complete all online courses or as applicable for that specific course. Students who fail to complete the course may request an extension of 1 month, provided the request is made BEFORE the course expires. Further extensions will not be granted. All students who do not complete their course in its entirety, within 90 days will not be issued credit or a refund, regardless of the amount of course that is completed.
- All students who do not successfully complete the whole online course will be required to re-register for the course, complete any time requirements (if applicable) quizzes and exams, as well as pay the course registration fee.
Blended & Classroom workshops:
- Any registration cancelled within 48 hours of the initial registration will be refunded in full.
- Any cancellation or reschedule made after this 48-hour grace period will be billed a 25% administrative fee unless it is within the following time periods:
- Cancellations or reschedules received within 15 business days or less left before the event date (weekends are not included) will be charged a 50% cancellation fee* unless they are with 24 hours of the start time.
- No refund or credits will be issued for participants that fail to attend any days of the course.
- Cancellation made within 15 business days of the event will be credited toward future events + 10% service charge. No part or full refund will be issued.
- Substitutions will be accepted at any time prior to the beginning of the course.
- We may cancel courses for low attendance or due to unforeseen weather conditions up to 5 days prior to the start date. Should your course be cancelled, you will be offered future event or a full refund. As a result, candidates are encouraged to book travel and accommodations that can be either refunded or repurposed.
- Any refund with respect to cancellation of program without any alternative option being provided by KnowledgeHut, the same would be processed within 30days from date of request.
Duration: 3 Days Credits: 14 PDUS Course Delivery: Classroom Training Download Brochure
Our two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner training course is delivered by Certified Scrum Trainers CST's (Certification is provided by ScrumAlliance) .Certified Scrum Product Owners have been taught the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that enable them to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. CSPOs are typically the individuals who are closest to the "business side" of the project. They are charged by the organization to "get the product out" and are expected to do the best possible job of satisfying all the stakeholders. CSPOs maintain the product backlog and ensure that everyone knows the priorities.
Taking the CSPO course is the first step on your path of becoming more Agile. To truly master Scrum, experience and continuing education are necessary.
Then attend a CSPO course taught by a certified Scrum Trainer (CST). This course will help you understand how Scrum works by focusing on your role as the Product Owner, or customer, for a Scrum team. Topics that are covered include managing stakeholders, ROI, backlog grooming, creating effective user stories, acceptance criteria for user stories, and defining "Done."
What are the benefits of a Scrum Product Owner certification?
As a CSPO, you will be able to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You will also gain access to local user groups, online social networks, and other exclusive resources for CSPOs.
In addition, CSPOs receive a profile page on the Scrum Alliance website and will have access to a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Knowledgehut is a Global Registered Education Provider (REP) of Scrum Alliance
What you will get:
- Certification & 1-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Earn 16 PMI PDUs
- course is delivered by a experienced Certified Scrum Trainers CST's
- workshop with full of real life examples and hand on activities
- Scrum Alliance approved course material
- Business Lunch & Tea
Following successful completion of this course, participants will be designated as Certified Scrum Product Owners. This Scrum Alliance certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance.
Who should attend?
The course focuses on Scrum from a Product Owner's perspective and is ideal for those who are responsible for the functional definition and delivery of software products or services.
Also individuals of all management levels, such as CEO's, CIOs, product managers, analysts, customer representatives and account managers will benefit from the course. They will learn how the project will be managed and why the attributes concerning product definition and prioritization are important.
Participants should have some understanding of basic agile/Scrum principles, practices and terminology.
What does it mean to be a CSPO?
A Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is someone who has been taught (by a Certified Scrum Trainer) the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that will enable him or her to fulfill the role of Scrum product owner.
Do I receive PDU credits for a CSPO course?
Yes. Please follow PMI''s procedure for Category B: Courses offered by Other Education Provider. According to the PMP handbook: 'Contact hours of project and/or program management education may be earned by attending relevant educational courses offered by organizations not registered with PMI. To calculate the number of PDUs earned, use the following formula: one contact hour of learning relevant to project and/or program management within a structured activity or course equals one PDU. Documentation required upon PMI audit/request: registration form, certificate or letter of attendance, and a brochure or course materials outlining the subject matter covered and the qualifications of the instructor/lecturer.' Most CSTs can tell you how many PDUs their course offers.
Should I do both Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner if I don't know where I will be working?
Both designations address different concerns for developing Products. Employers are looking for people with a background in agile (scrum). These designations will help identify you as having been trained in Scrum. Experience still counts so time spent doing Scrum is equally valuable.
In Scrum, which person is the Project Manager? Is it the ScrumMaster or the Scrum Product Owner?
The short answer is neither. The term Project Manager is not defined in Scrum. The term Project Manager is defined broadly in the market and is used differently by many organizations. If you compare the terms side by side you will find that sometimes it is the PO, sometimes the SM and sometimes it is both. Again, the term is not defined in Scrum but, you can compare them.
Which should I pursue: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)? Why?
Both certifications will lead to a full understanding of Scrum. The CSPO is targeted for Product Owners who need skills and techniques for managing features and determining what the right product to build is. The CSM is a deep dive introduction to Scrum. CSM is focused on the scrum framework and its application for building well form teams that are directed by a Product Owner. The CSM is recommended for all Scrum team members, this include Product Owners.
Would it be better to spend time renewing a PMP credential or becoming a Certified ScrumMaster or Product Owner?
Becoming a CSM and/or CSPO is recommended. We are seeing increase demand from companies who are looking for people with CSM / CSPO experience.
I understand Scrum is used widely for software development projects. Can it be used for other fields?
Scrum has seen an application into every major vertical industry. The number of domains outside software that it has been applied to is increasing rapidly. Scrum is a general purpose framework that is used to set an empirical pattern of behavior at a small team level. Scaling Scrum is thought of as multiple scrum teams working together in an empirical process controlled manner.
How do I get my certificate and who issues it?
Students taking classes offering a Scrum certification (Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Product Owner) will receive their certifications from the Scrum Alliance. Shortly after completion of the class, participants will receive an email from the Scrum Alliance with instructions for creating a membership account and taking any required certification exams. Once certified, students will have access to exclusive content and the ability to print a copy of any Scrum certificates they have achieved.
What time do classes start and how long do they go each day?
Unless otherwise stated, all of our classes begin at 8:30 and run to 5:00 PM, local time. Classes generally include a break for lunch around noon, as well as a brief break in the morning and afternoon.
What are the benefits of taking a class to learn about Agile & Scrum as opposed to simply reading a book?
Books are valuable resources and we strongly encourage potential students to leverage these sources of information. Our training classes are designed to reinforce concepts with in depth simulations and robust discussion. All of our course blend lecture, practice, and reflection. This allows participants to gain a much more profound understanding of the subject matter.
What do I need to bring to a class?
Our classes are designed to be a stand-alone experience and do not require participants to bring anything to a class other than an open mind and willingness to learn and perhaps something to take notes.
Can I buy a seat with a Purchase Order?
Yes, we will accept purchase orders. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange for payment via a purchase order.
What happens if a class is canceled?
In the case that a class is canceled by KnowledgeHut, participants are entitled to transfer to another class or receive a full refund at their discretion.
What does it mean to be a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)?
A Certified Scrum Professional has proven experience and expertise in the art of Scrum. CSP is the level of certification that all practitioners of Scrum should strive to attain. Before becoming a CSP, applicants must be CSMs, CSPOs, or CSDs.
Enter your Email ID for our Newsletter