PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner
- Course Overview
- Course Agenda
- Who should attend?
- SignUp as Trainer
- Faculty Details
- Training Venue
Request for an Invoice
For invoice and payment receipts please click here
For Bank Transfer option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Card We accept all major credit cards register Wire Transfer
Send the details to email@example.com
Online Training Courses:
- Any student who cancels within 48 hours of the initial registration AND has not accumulated more than 30 minutes of training online will be refunded in full or transferred to another course of the student's choice.
- If your cancellation is made AFTER 24 hours from the time of registration or if you have completed more than 30 minutes of training, your tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Students have 90 days from the date of registration to complete all online courses or as applicable for that specific course. Students who fail to complete the course may request an extension of 1 month, provided the request is made BEFORE the course expires. Further extensions will not be granted. All students who do not complete their course in its entirety, within 90 days will not be issued credit or a refund, regardless of the amount of course that is completed.
- All students who do not successfully complete the whole online course will be required to re-register for the course, complete any time requirements (if applicable) quizzes and exams, as well as pay the course registration fee.
Blended & Classroom workshops:
- Any registration cancelled within 48 hours of the initial registration will be refunded in full.
- Any cancellation or reschedule made after this 48-hour grace period will be billed a 25% administrative fee unless it is within the following time periods:
- Cancellations or reschedules received within 15 business days or less left before the event date (weekends are not included) will be charged a 50% cancellation fee* unless they are with 24 hours of the start time.
- No refund or credits will be issued for participants that fail to attend any days of the course.
- Cancellation made within 15 business days of the event will be credited toward future events + 10% service charge. No part or full refund will be issued.
- Substitutions will be accepted at any time prior to the beginning of the course.
- We may cancel courses for low attendance or due to unforeseen weather conditions up to 5 days prior to the start date. Should your course be cancelled, you will be offered future event or a full refund. As a result, candidates are encouraged to book travel and accommodations that can be either refunded or repurposed.
- Any refund with respect to cancellation of program without any alternative option being provided by KnowledgeHut, the same would be processed within 30days from date of request.
Duration: 3 Days Credits: 21 PDUS Course Delivery: Classroom Training Download Brochure
Considering that you have been following a traditional methodology in handling your respective project, and have been asked to take up projects in Agile framework lately. What could be your state of mind? You will be finding it too hard in designing and implementing a successful Agile transformation. It will definitely be a hard row to hoe because; you will have to know what to change, how to handle this transformation, and how to bring agility in executing projects. We would help you with this.
Agile Certified Practitioner Certification Exam is to help you out in delivering value faster, mitigate risk, and enable continuous improvement etc.
Another question that pops up in your mind would be why would organizations prefer this transformation of Agile development methodology? Firstly, following Agile methodology would provide you an opportunity to assess and analyze the progress of a project throughout the development lifecycle. Secondly, it is often called as 'iterative' and 'incremental' as every aspect of a project is repetitive and continually revisited until a project is completed.
Objectives: After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of agile methodology and the PMI-ACP® certification process
- To impart sufficient knowledge and skills to the participants so that they can start practicing the agile project management methodology at their work place.
- Know and implement the tools and techniques and knowledge and skills of what you learn under this certification offered by PMI®
- Yes, eventually to gain the 21 contact hour certificate to be eligible for PMI-ACP certification exam.
Our instructors at KnowledgeHut, is very diligent in explaining you about the various tools, techniques, knowledge and skills required to deliver any kind of project efficiently, irrespective of the complexity of the projects handled.
It is suggested for you to take up this certification if you would like to demonstrate your proficiency in agile techniques, and practices to progress professionally.
Overview of agile project management
- Agile manifesto
- Popular agile methodologies
- Agile principles and practices
- Quick overview of the agile practices using scrum
Understanding the key roles and artifacts of scrum
- Scrum master (Agile project manager)
- Product owner
- Team members
- Product backlog
- Sprint planning meeting
- Sprint backlog
- Tracking board
- Sprint demo
Understanding user stories
- The anatomy of a user story
- User story development techniques
- Story points
- Ideal time
- Wide band Delphi
- Playing poker
The sprint planning meeting
- The sprint planning meeting time box
- Feature prioritization
- The tracking board
- Definition of done
- Load balancing
- Self-organized team
- Work volunteering
- Daily stand up meetings
- Burn down chart up-dation
- Sprint demo meetings Continuous improvement process
- Sprint retrospectives
- Scaling scrum
- Co-located and distributed team
Best practices and concepts
- Agile tooling
- Osmotic communications for co-located and distributed teams
- WIP limits
- Cumulative flow diagram
- Process tailoring
- Affinity estimating
- Product road map
- Story maps
- Wire frames
- Frequent verification and validation
- Test driven development / test first development
- Continuous integration
- Project charter for an agile project
- Participatory decision models
- Process analysis techniques
- Value based assessment
- Emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership
- Conflict resolution
- Servant leadership
- Building high performance team
Value based prioritization
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Net present value (NPV)
- Internal rate of return (IRR)
- Customer valued prioritization
- Minimally marketable feature (MMF)
- Relative prioritization / ranking
- Business case development
- Agile contracting methods
- Agile project accounting principles
- Applying new agile practices
- Compliance (Organization)
- Control limits for agile projects
- Failure modes and alternatives
- Globalization, Culture and team diversity
- Innovation games
- Principles of systems thinking (complex, adaptive, chaoes)
- Regulatory compliance
- Variance and trend analysis
- Vendor management
Agile Certification Practitioner Certification Exam aspirants will have the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Possess General Project Management experience with 2,000 hours working on project teams. These hours must be earned within the last 5 years of leading and directing a project. If you are an active PMP® or PgMP®, you will meet the requirement laid out by PMI.
- Possess Agile Project experience with 1500 hours of working on Agile project teams or with Agile methodologies. These hours will be a supplement to the 2,000 hours which is needed in ‘General Project experience’. And these hours must be earned within the last 3 years.
Guideline to apply for PMI-ACP Certification Exam:
- Register and log in to get started. A printable PMI-ACP printable application form is also available.
- You can always refer to PMI-ACP Handbook for further information regarding ACP’s roles and requirements.
- If you have made up your mind to take the exam, PMI-ACP exam preparation would be of great help to you.
Who should attend?
PMI-ACP® Certification exam would help greatly to those working in organizations following Agile in their projects. But, it is also not limited to Project Managers, as it is also significant for project teams to apply to increase their professional versatility in Agile techniques.
- Gartner's analysts (Thomas Murphy and David Norton) predict that by 2012 "agile development methods will be utilized in 80% of all software development projects"
- It is not a matter of choice but just a matter of time before you will find yourself working in Agile Team / Organization. The Sooner you embrace this shift the faster you will grow.
- Being Agile (Not just Doing Agile) brings efficiencies not just to Teams but also to enterprises.
Why Choose a PMI® Certification, than any other project management certifications? What makes PMI®'s special?
- PMI® certifications are not based on one specific methodology, so they're flexible and adaptable. You can easily transfer them between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- PMI® continually conducts in-depth studies to ensure that our credentials actually reflect the current skills, knowledge and best practices you need to succeed.
- You never have to worry about a PMI® certification becoming obsolete. Our certification maintenance program requires you to earn a professional development unit (PDUs), which encourages you to continually develop your skills and stay current as the profession changes.
- PMI® certification offers financial benefits - the Project Management Professional (PMP) ® credential increases your salary by up to 10%, according to the PMI® Salary Survey - Sixth Edition, 2009 - and helps you stand out and better market yourself to prospective employers.
- Part of that marketability comes from the prestige of PMI® certifications. PMI® has provided project management certifications for over 25 years, and our PMP ® credential was the first one designed specifically for project managers.
Why PMI's ACP Certification?
- Earn More - Studies show that certified professionals can earn more than their non-certified peers.
- Brand - Over the years PMI has not only gained a huge community following but also respect of Enterprises around the world and at all levels.
- Coverage - Unlike other Agile "based" certification, PMI ACP focuses on depth and breadth of general Agile foundation and methodologies.
- Acceptance - Response to recently completed "pilot" program has been extremely favorable and this lucrative certification is open to all (check PMI-ACP Requirement's section to see you qualify).
What value does a practitioner with the PMI-ACP bring to an organization?
- The PMI-ACP demonstrates a practitioner's value and level of professionalism to employers:
- The knowledge of both Agile and waterfall methods gives the practitioner greater breadth and depth as a project manager.
- The certification shows the practitioner's ability to lead basic teams using Agile principles and practices.
- The certification appeals to a wide, rapidly growing audience as more organizations adopt Agile processes
How will I get my 21 PDU's? Is there any extra cost associated to this apart from the course fee?
Once you complete the specified numbers of hours of e-learning on our website, we will issue the 21 PDU certificate and there is no extra cost associated for the PDU's.
After completing the application, how much time do I have to complete the examination?
After you pay the certification fee and have your application approved, you have one year to take the examination.
Where does PMI offer the certification examination?
PMI offers the PMI-ACP examination globally at computer-based testing centers. You cannot schedule your examination appointment until you receive your eligibility notification and submit payment.
Will the examination be available in many languages?
The examination is only available in English at this time. PMI is considering adding additional translations in the future.
How many questions are in the examination?
There are a total of 120 questions on the examination. Of the 120 questions, 20 are considered pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect the score and are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions, and are randomly placed throughout the exam.
What are the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) for this certification?
PMI-ACP holders are required to earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in Agile topics during each three-year renewal cycle.
Can PMI-ACP PDUs count toward the maintenance of other PMI credentials?
The 30 PDUs in Agile topics can also count towards the maintenance of the PMP® or PgMP® certification(s). If an Agile practitioner is taking general project management classes, only the hours that pertain to Agile topics can be applied towards the PMI-ACP
What certification exams does PMI® offer?
PMI® offers now five different exams related to the discipline of Project Management. These are:
- PgMP: Program Management Professional
- PMP: Project Management Professional
- CAPM®: Certified Associate in Project Manager
- PMI®-SP: PMI® Scheduling Professional
- PMI®-RMP: PMI® Risk Management Professional
- PMI®-ACP: PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner
SignUp as Trainer
Why Signup as a Trainer?
Signing up as a KnowledgeHut trainer will allow you to:
- Promote your training service, the way you see them, as a Project Manager trainer
- Assert your profile as a Project Manager trainer on the first website dedicated for courses across worldwide.
- KnowledgeHut contacts you by location, areas of expertise, certifications earned, languages for the specific training needs.
- Enjoy the transparency of the system. KnowledgeHut will refer fellow registered trainers in case of long opportunities with global companies.
- Experiment a state of the art ranking system that will shuffle the default ordering of you and the competition based on predefined, logical factors (soon!)
- Forge alliances with other trainers where you can allocate some of the work that you cannot do for a referral fee (soon!)
- Increase traffic to your website and your search engine rankings
- Benefit from advanced statistics and reports about your profile and users behaviors (how many times your profile was seen, location of users browsing your profile, etc...) (soon!)
- Contribute articles to the KnowledgeHut Forum, the world's Best database of categorized project management articles (optional)
- Do all the above for free! (except for sponsored trainers)
Enter your Email ID for our Newsletter