What comes to your mind when you hear the term 'Cloud'? Well, in a technologically advanced world, Cloud refers to a place where you can store and manage data on a device. After the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, Cloud computing jobs are in great demand. It is a great field of professional growth. Mostly, all companies have started using the Cloud for storing and managing data. They require skilled professionals who know how to work on the Cloud and can amalgamate Cloud approaches.
If you are an IT professional and have some experience, you can up-skill yourself with the Cloud Computing course. The information technology industry is ever-changing and constantly evolving. So, Cloud computing career opportunities are one of your best shots to make it big in the IT industry.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing delivers IT resources via the internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. Data centers and warehouses typically operate cloud computing systems of databases and software. Rather than having physical servers in a network closet in a back office, users and businesses can access digital information over the internet from anywhere. Cloud computing jobs include responsibilities like cost reductions in IT overhead, particularly for small businesses and startups that may be unable to invest heavily in on-premises IT departments.
There is a growing demand for skilled professionals in the cloud computing job market. The worldwide cloud computing industry was estimated at USD 368.97 billion in 2021, and it is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.7% from 2022 to 2030. Thus, the future of cloud computing jobs is pretty bright. Cloud computing jobs are expected to grow tremendously in the next few years, with more than half of the market comprising banking, IT, telecom services, insurance, and financial services. This expanding and complex system calls for specific skills and knowledge that individuals in cloud computing must possess.
Top Cloud Computing Jobs
Various companies have different types of job requirements and descriptions when it comes to their specific needs for the role.
To start a career in Cloud computing, you may consider the following top Cloud computing jobs salary and roles that may guide you:
1. Cloud System Engineer
A cloud system engineer is an IT professional responsible for building and maintaining an organization's cloud infrastructure. Depending on the platform they work with, they may design solutions or code. It is often considered among the highest paying cloud jobs and the jobs related to cloud computing.
Education requirements: Individuals must have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or other related fields that provides similar skills to work in this role. In order to interpret and implement code as needed, a Cloud System Engineer must possess excellent general programming skills. Managing a team of IT professionals is also a requirement since they are responsible for developing and maintaining the infrastructure of the organization.
Salary range: $115K - $184K
2. Cloud Administrator
These professionals are responsible for the management of the infrastructure of a company's Cloud. They perform the tasks of:
- Establishing Cloud policies in accordance with security protocols.
- Developing and updating the employees' access to the cloud presence.
- Constantly monitoring and looking after the data stored in the Cloud.
- Assessing the need for updates.
The salary range for cloud administrators may vary from $59,000 to $88,000. The average salary for a cloud administrator professional is $67,467 which leaves quite a mark.
3. Cloud Developer
Cloud developers develop cloud applications as part of their job duties. In the virtual and global network of cloud computing jobs, cloud developers are known as cloud engineers.
The role of a cloud developer is similar to that of a computer programmer or a web designer. Cyber-attacks are a common occurrence since the infrastructure they work on is virtual and global. It is, therefore, essential for cloud developers to design their programs and apps so that they are as hack-proof as possible.
Education requirements: Individuals must graduate with a bachelor's degree from a technical school. They should finish cloud-related courses at a reputable institute. They have to become proficient in any programming language. They have to gain practical experience by working on cloud-specific projects.
Salary range: $90K - $142K
4. Frontend Developer
Frontend developers design and maintain websites and website applications and work on their user interfaces. User-friendly, smooth, and error-free web applications are their primary responsibilities.
Education requirements: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another related field would be required as a minimum requirement for a frontend developer looking at cloud consulting jobs. The recommended coursework must include courses in web development, web design, programming, networking, database management, and mathematics, as well as other courses.
Salary range: $49K - $100K
5. SQL Database Developer
A SQL Database Developer is responsible for developing MS-SQL queries and procedures, creating custom reports, and modifying ERP user forms to enhance the organization's productivity as a whole. As a part of SQL Database Developer duties, you will also be in charge of developing database designs as well as making sure they are stable, reliable, and effective.
Education requirements: An undergraduate degree is usually required for database developer jobs. The most suitable course of study is probably one in information technology. The more database-related courses you take, the more likely you are to impress prospective employers. Coursework should include Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SQL, and ETL classes, as well as specific database packages and programming languages.
Salary range: $83K - $122K
6. Cloud Security Analyst
As the name suggests, a cloud security analyst is responsible to look after and maintain the Cloud security of a company. They find out and analyze the threats and then take necessary steps to maintain the security of the Cloud presence. Cloud security analysts also deal with security breaches, if any.
Education requirements: Obtain a bachelor's degree in the relevant field. A Cyber Security training course will help you acquire the skills necessary for success as a Cyber Security Analyst. Examine the various sectors of Cyber Security for certifications. Work with an organization's security to gain practical experience.
The average base salary of a Cloud security analyst is $9,327. Personnel with experience are on a greater pay scale.
7. Cloud Network Engineer
A Cloud network is maintained throughout an organization with the help of certain divisions. a Cloud network engineer takes care of those divisions. A cloud network engineer is also responsible for making recommendations on cloud-based platforms.
This profession is in high demand and the average salary for a cloud network engineer is $1.06,100. This is quite promising and makes it one of the best career options for Cloud computing professionals.
Education requirements: Any cloud network engineer role requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or IT.
8. Cloud Automation Engineer
Nowadays, everything is automated. A Cloud Automation Engineer is responsible to handle the automation technology of the organization. It includes building, maintaining, and implementing the same. Just technology is helpful to save human resources so that they need not have to perform repetitive tasks.
A cloud automation engineer is paid a decent average salary of $12,509. It tends to increase as you start to upskill yourself and gain experience
9. Cloud Consultant
Cloud consulted is known as a specialist in this discipline and is considered to have vast knowledge about Cloud. They advise the organization on various technical and budgetary decisions related to Cloud presence. They are also responsible for designing various migrating policies throughout the Cloud platforms.
Since Cloud consultants have in-depth knowledge about this field and are responsible to perform various tasks, they are paid well. The average salary of a Cloud consultant is $13,759.
10. Cloud Software Engineer
Cloud software engineers have the duty to develop various software that is used in cloud presence. They work with programmers to develop certain software. They maintain, update and repair the software that coordinates with the Cloud so that the performance is not hindered.
A Cloud software engineer receives $8,756 as an average salary. With more skilled personnel, the pay scale increases
11. Cloud Engineer
A Cloud engineer is completely responsible for managerial access to the organization's Cloud presence. They also perform the task of negotiation with vendors and various clients to deal with the cloud budget.
The average salary for a cloud engineer is $91,404. A cloud engineer is highly paid as he has to perform various and dynamic tasks in an organization.
12. Cloud Architect
All the Cloud technologies are operated within a particular framework. The framework is designed by a Cloud architect. The general Cloud computing strategies of a company are designed by a Cloud architect to make sure that all the performances in the Cloud happen in accordance with the Cloud framework. They make sure that the company's Cloud functioning runs smoothly and everything happens within the decided budget.
Education requirements: Cloud computing architecture jobs require an expert in programming languages, computer operating systems, networks, and security is required to become a cloud architect. The best way to develop practical and theoretical skills and knowledge in computer science is to earn a degree in that field. There is no entry-level role for a cloud architect. An internship in the technology sector is the best way to gain experience.
The work of a Cloud architect is very intricate. He is paid a humongous average salary of $1,28,414 because of his integral role work in the company.
13. Data Engineer
Data Engineers' responsibility is to process raw data and extract useful information, such as market insights and trend details, from the data. Data access is provided to organizations, and they are also responsible for testing systems that are capable of extracting raw data and converting it into a usable form.
Education requirements: Bachelor's degrees in computer science or a related field are common among data engineers. You can prepare yourself for this rapidly-evolving field by earning a degree. If you are interested in advancing your career and unlocking potentially higher-paying opportunities, consider pursuing a master's degree.
Salary range: $78K - $200K
14. Cloud Database Administrator
A Cloud Database Administrator is responsible for overseeing and influencing the management and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure. It is considered among the highest-paid cloud jobs in the cloud computing job market. Also included in the job description are the migration of cloud infrastructure data, the design and analysis of database applications, optimization testing, and cloud infrastructure support and management.
Education requirements: Bachelor's degrees in IT, computer science, or business administration are required for the Cloud Database Administrator.
Salary range: $79K - $121K
15. Backend Developer
Software backend developers write the code that defines the functions of applications, which plays an extremely important role in software development. Programming languages used to build server-side applications should be familiar to backend developers.
Education requirements: Individuals require a bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or a related field. It may be necessary to have more experience or education, and working knowledge of specific languages and operating systems, such as Java, PHP, or Python, may be required.
Salary range: $93K - $119K
Cloud Computing Career Prerequisites
For availing of the jobs in this domain, you should have a set of professional skills. Bagging Cloud computing jobs for freshers becomes easier if you have done the academics and courses in the required discipline of study. For Cloud computing career options, you need to keep the following things in mind:
The basic requirement for a career in cloud computing is that of academics. It is advisable that you come from a science background where computer science was a prime subject. If you have studied disciplines like computer science or computer applications then you can choose a career in Cloud computing to be your best shot. A bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology is preferable.
The prior knowledge of computer science and applications will make your job a lot easier so that you can better understand the diversity in the Cloud domain.
Skills required for Cloud Computing Jobs
As a Cloud computing professional, essentially, you need to have basic knowledge about databases and programming.
The skills that are necessary for Cloud engineering jobs are enumerated as follows:
- Programming skills: Expertise in programming languages are essential. Languages like Java, Ruby, and PHP are in great demand.
- Database knowledge: Try to learn database management and querying. Learning MySQL and Hadoop can be pleasant.
- Learning operating system: The most used famous open source operating system is Linux. It powers many web pages in applications. Having the knowledge of Linux will be great for a Cloud computing career.
- Networking skills: Integrating the network with cloud services is important. It is better to have the knowledge of Cloud networking fundamentals that build a better understanding of the work.
- Cloud Service Providers: Microsoft, Azure, OpenStack, and AWS are widely used in the Cloud domain. Familiarise yourself with such service providers so that you may work efficiently.
- APIs and web services: It is the work of the Cloud architects to deal with the web services and APIs. Open Web services are used to describe data along with tag and transfer. You can use platforms like XML, UDDI, SOAP, etc
- Information security: Companies always want to protect their data. It is advisable for the cloud job titles to learn data security and cyber security in Cloud computing.
Top Cloud Computing Certifications
Apart from the academics and skill set, certification courses are an add-on benefit for you to excel in the field of Cloud computing.
You can do the following certification courses to get a grasp on Cloud computing:
- Cloud computing course by Microsoft
- Azure Cloud computing and management course
- Amazon Web services solutions architect associate course
- Google associate Cloud engineer course
- IBM certified course for technical advocate cloud (Cloud v3)
- Certificate of Cloud security knowledge
To choose a Cloud computing course for yourself, go for the KnowledgeHut Cloud Computing course and launch your career towards great career opportunities and success.
Tips To Jump-Start a Cloud Computing Career
Are you looking to build a career in the Cloud domain? While it is a very flourishing domain with exquisite prospects, you should know what to do to kick start your career in cloud computing.
Here are some of the pointers that will help you jump-start a Cloud computing career:
- Have a broad understanding of cloud providers: At first, you need to understand what a cloud provider does and how it can help you to start your journey in the Cloud domain. You should also keep in mind whether the courses they offer are beneficial or not. For that, you need to figure out what your goal is and research the cloud providers before selection.
- Get certified as a cloud professional: Getting a certification will always help you to stand out in a crowd and make an impression on potential employers. It showcases that apart from your academic knowledge you have also upskilled yourself with in-depth knowledge of the discipline. Choose a course that is proper and in demand so that it can act as an add-on benefit for your career.
- Get practical experience: You Can never know everything about something until you do it practically and have experience doing it. The policy of doing and learning is what makes you successful in your career. Apart from having the skills and necessary knowledge, it is important how you implement it in real-life circumstances.
- Build your portfolio: Work with various employers and build your professional portfolio. It will enhance your experience. This will allow you to work with the potential employer of your choice as well.
- Keep up with current trends: You should constantly increase your skill set by being updated with any technological advancement in the Cloud computing domain. You can do so by following several news articles and informative blogs on various websites.
- Boost credibility: Credible reference is very important even if you have earned certifications in Cloud computing. Having an impactful reference is a boon in disguise to build a successful career. Your present mentors and employers can make a reference to your skill set, proficiency, and expertise.
- Build networking: You must build effective networking that will help you to sharpen your skills and seek better career opportunities. Many platforms are there that help you to grow in your career. Make sure that you connect with Cloud computing professionals to see better career opportunities.
You can check out Solution Architect Training to learn how to design enterprise-level cloud architectures. You can get into various cloud computing certification jobs after the completion of the certification course.
Where To Find Cloud Computing Jobs?
After you've acquired enough knowledge and have built your skill set, you would want to get a Cloud computing job of your choice. Nowadays, it is relatively easy to find a job as there are several platforms with the help of which you can get a suitable job.
First of all, the various platforms or websites such as LinkedIn and naukri.com can help you to secure a desired job in the Cloud domain. Numerous companies and employers post about their vacancies on these platforms and you can apply to potential employers through these platforms.
Another way in which you can secure a job in the cloud domain is to constantly check the vacancies of several organizations when they release them on their official websites or newspapers. What is important is that your expertise and skill set meet their requirements. In this way, you can get qualified to get recruited for the job of your choice. Here's a related article on the best way to find a job quickly.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
There are various benefits associated with cloud computing. They are as follows:
- IT costs: Your IT systems may cost less to manage and maintain if you move to cloud computing. With cloud computing, you can reduce your business's costs without having to purchase expensive equipment and systems.
- Scalability: Your operation and storage needs can be scaled up or down quickly depending on your needs, allowing flexibility as they change. By using your cloud service provider, you don't have to worry about investing in and installing expensive upgrades. Your business can run more efficiently when you use the cloud.
- Business continuity: As part of your business continuity plan, you should protect your data and systems. The cloud ensures your data is backed up and protected in a secure location in the event of a natural disaster, power failure, or other crisis.
Cloud computing professionals are in high demand in this rapidly growing technological world. The major thing that you should focus on is acquiring the required skills for securing a job in the Cloud domain. It is a very flushing career option and you can be at your peak if you are really up for it. If you are looking to build a career in the Cloud domain and register yourself with the cloud computing courses by KnowledgHut. The future for Cloud computing is bright and the path tells a convincing story.