PMP is regarded as one of the most prestigious project management certifications in the world. There are many advantages of doing it and one can say without doubt that PMP can excel your career to new heights. Getting certified is not easy and any person with PMP certification is respected by everyone in the organization. This is what makes this a very valuable addition to your CV or resume if you are interested in Project Management as a Career. An individual with a PMP Certification represents the fact that he is an established Project Manager and has the expertise and experience to manage projects effectively and make them a success.
The benefits of getting PMP certification include, but are not limited to:
- Global recognition and acceptance
- Better job opportunities
- More chances of promotion within your association as it helps in improved project performance, hence organization also gets benefited.
- Becoming a better project manager. You have great knowledge, techniques and tools to make your project more successful and ultimately it raises your prestige in the organization.
- Chances for collaborating with other project management professionals around different countries, which can certainly increase your chances of professional success and development.
- Getting ahead of other project management professionals, in terms of knowledge as well as its application in the field of project management.
- With a PMP Credential, you can reach out to potential employers from across the globe. You can be in contact with past PMP certified experts through project management discussion boards and forums and thus increase your expertise with knowledge sharing and tips.
- According to the PMI Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders in the U.S. earned an average of 22% more than their non-credentialed peers in 2015.
How to appear in the PMP certification exam
To complete PMP training, you need to appear and clear an exam. This is for certification with respect to PMP, for which you must have theoretical as well as functional knowledge of project management and leadership. If you do not have experience or knowledge in either of those areas, you can still try the questions to get an accurate idea about the examination and how you should prepare yourself for this highly-accredited certification exam.
If you wish to become a PMP Certified professional you need to fulfil some specific experimental and educational criteria:
- When you apply for the certification, you must hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent university degree.
- You must have minimum 4500 hours experience in Project Management under five process groups of PMP namely – Initiation, Planning, Controlling, Execution and Closing.
- When you fill in the Experience Verification Form (s), the projects dates mentioned by you must validate that you have three years of experience of Project Management
- You must show at least 36 non-overlapping months of Project Management Experience that must complete the three year experience necessity.
- You will also have to submit a proof that you have completed 35 hours of Project Management Education.
- You will also have to list the course names, dates and hours of Projects Management training along with details of the institutions, when you fill up the form for PMP certification.
Studying for PMP
There are lots of other options for PMP certification training including self-study, classroom, online self-paced learning, online led by an instructor or a blend of all of them. You have to decide what kind of studying would work best for you.
The PMP Exam
The PMP certification examination has 200 multiple-choice questions, and you have four hours to complete it. It’s a computer-based exam so you go to an exam centre locally to you to do it. There are exam centres in all over the world so you don’t have to worry about it and you should have no difficulty finding one near enough to you to make it possible to sit the test.
You can choose different institutes that provide training for PMP certification and can help you to get a deep insight into concepts of PMP which will help you to become an effective Project Manager. A PMP will open doors to new job opportunities since many companies today ask for the PMP certificate as a prerequisite when they hire project managers. One amongst these is knowledgehut solutions. It is very well known in the field of PMP and has groomed several successful Project Managers over the years. With training from experienced faculty, you can be assured of covering all the aspects of this course, both in the conventional and in an innovative manner. Techniques learnt here can help support you throughout your career as a PMP-certified professional.