The Supply Chain Management (SCM), a process used in many organizations, is an assortment of steps for transforming raw components into a meaningful final product. The stages of SCM include:
• Plan: involves developing strategy to meet the needs of the customer.
• Develop: Involves identifying reliable suppliers for raw materials, building strong relationship with them and formulating methods for shipping, delivery and payment.
• Build: involves manufacturing, testing, packaging and scheduling the product.
• Deliver: Involves delivery of products/goods as planned.
• Return: involves creating a flexible and responsive network for receiving defective products from customers and registering their feedback and complaints.
Initially, Supply Chain Management was a process adopted by organizations to achieve substantial operational efficiencies and reduce costs. Considering todays’ competitive market, Supply Chain Management entails the strategic positioning of end-to-end business processes in order to achieve economic value. Following are the benefits of SCM:
• Improves the Supply Chain network of the organization
• Enhances collaboration in the organization
• Minimizes delays
• Reduces costs
Certifications have become prerequisites in all the corporate world. Certified professionals in Supply Chain Management will definitely have an edge over their peers. It is not only the most preferred career option but it also provides better future prospects. Following are the top 5 Supply Chain Certifications:
1. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
This certified supply chain professional training demonstrates your knowledge and organizational skills by enhancing your expertise in the Supply Chain Management practices. This certification gives you an in depth understanding of how supply chain is integrated in areas of planning, manufacturing and delivering the product.
• A Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
• 3 years of relative business experience along with other ISM or APICS certification
• CLTD or CSCP, CPIM, CSM or CPSM designations
• Improves hiring potential
• Provides a hike in salary
• Gives you the attributes required to enhance your professional value
• Maximizes the ERP investments of your organization
• Enables you to increase and retain customer satisfaction
• Manage effectively end-to-end supply activities
2. Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
The CPIM certified professionals have the proven knowledge and skills to critically streamline operations. This certification is for those who have a keen interest in the field of inventory management and want to have detailed understanding of production planning and scheduling. The CPIM does not require any Bachelor’s degree, only 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field is needed. To obtain a CPIM certification, an individual must pass 5 CPIM exams. The CPIM program consists of 5 different modules, each representing a critical area in inventory management and production, as follows:
Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
Module 2: Master Planning of Resources
Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning
Module 4: Execution and Control of Operations
Module 5: Strategic Management of Resources
• Provides a hike in salary by at least 12%
• Highlights your attributes and increases your chances of employability
• Gives you an edge over others
• Increases and retains customer satisfaction
• Adds an increased value to your organization
• Reduces costs
• Maximizes ROI
3. Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
This certification proves that you are an expert in Supply Chain Management and validates that you have the attributes required to deal with finance, risk management and supplier relationship management. Individuals enrolling themselves to the program are required to take 3 exams, in any order, to become a certified CPSM. They are:
Exam 1: Foundation of Supply Management
Exam 2: Effective Supply Management
Exam 3: Leadership in Supply Management
• A Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent with 3 years of full-time supply management experience
• A qualified Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of full-time supply management experience
• Successfully pass the exams based on all the 3 modules
• The certification proves your expertise in supply chain management and demonstrates your knowledge, skills and passion for your profession.
• There is an increasing demand of CPSM certified professionals in the most resilient and competitive companies.
• CPSM certified professionals are likely to earn an average of 23% more annually compared to the non-certified individuals.
• CPSM certified professionals demonstrate proper supply chain management strategies.
SCPro certification, offered by Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), is a three-tiered program which performs assessment of dynamic knowledge and skills over supply chain activities. This certification certifies an individuals’ ability to evaluate business challenges, implement supply chain improvements, and develop a thorough project plan for achieving positive results. SCPro consists of 3 levels of certification as follows:
SCPro Level One: Cornerstones of Supply Chain Management
SCPro Level Two: Analysis and Application of Supply Chain Challenges
SCPro Level Three: Initiation of Supply Chain Transformation
• Increases your hiring potential and gives you an advantage over your peers.
• Expands your professional knowledge and skills in supply chain management.
• Highlights your expertise in the operational skills of supply chain management.
• Demonstrates your capability to analyse, design and implement change across the global supply chain activities.
• Introduces you to a group of professionals with SCPro certification.
These certification courses are just a few of the courses on offer. It is essential for individuals in the field of Supply Chain Management to at least have one of these certifications’ to grow in their receptive organizations. So what are you waiting for? Go get certified