Chris has been an Agile and Scrum Coach since the year 2013. He mentors and trains teams, fellow Scrum Masters and organizations to become more Lean and Agile. He has successfully conducted Agile and Scrum coaching and training sessions for multinational companies in the Asia Pacific region particularly in Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia and Indonesia.
He currently works full-time as a department manager for Software Development and QA in a software / IT company based in the Philippines which caters to the Quick Service Restaurant industry. He has around nineteen years’ experience in the IT industry with focus on Agile, Scrum, Project Management, Change Management, and Process Improvement. Chris with his expertise has worked with such prestigious companies such as Microsoft, Intel, Nokia, Japan Airlines, Burger King and KFC and several other companies in the Philippines, Australia, and the USA.
Served as Senior Enterprise Engineer for Headstrong's DCM project.
The DCM project deals with Demand Chain Management, E-Commerce, and B2B. The project simplifies the overhead operations purchasing, stocking and product inventory within retail shops. The project lets store outlets to automatically and periodically send back data to the central offices through secure network for collaboration and synchronization.
- Created and maintained several software and proof of concept modules used in the system implementation.
- Was also designated as a development Team Leader for a small group of front-end developers.
Development Technologies Used: Forte TOOL, DCM
- Served as Software Developer / Consultant for multiple projects using the following technologies: Contact-less smart cards, OpenTV boxes, GSM Modems, C/C++, Unix, C#, Visual Basic, VB.Net, ASP.NET
Projects and Project Domains:
- Singapore IEFS - Singapore Enhanced Integrated Fare System (IEFS) is an automated fare collection software system that uses advanced smart card systems and services for the Singapore bus and train transit industry. Development was done onsite in Australia for ERG Transit Systems.
- OpenTV - R&D project which aims to provide customized software features to the OpenTV machines used by Dream TV cable boxes.
- WhereIs is an application that automates the sending and parsing of received SMS-based position tracking GSM SMS messages.
- EZPos - Point of Sales software system for the PalmOS to be used by field sales personnel.
- QuickQuiz - Provided universities and schools a software system to create a cheat resistant test facility which is easy to use and easy to administer.
- TMS - Software system for BPO call monitoring, booking, and automatic call follow-up.
- Knauf – An web/online content management system (CMS) where administrators can customize and modify the contents of their home site and online catalog.
Set up and led operations of Microsoft's Manila Digital Center. The Manila Digital Center is Microsoft Asia Pacific’s digital arm. Was part of the pioneering team that started the Manila Digital Center working closely with Microsoft Australia as the initial client. Operations were later expanded to cover the whole of Microsoft Asia Pacific.
Also served as Project Manager for some of Intel's corporate responsibility projects. Among them were: 1) a Facebook application to promote the Intel Ultrabook PC and more interstingly, 2) Intel Easy Steps for Facebook. This was an undertaking to bring the Intel Easy Steps program for adult computer literacy to Facebook's app platform.
Department manager for software development and testing at Duke Software Development Center.
Spearheaded and led company-wide Agile training, transition and transformation through Agile & Scrum training / coaching.
Also responsible for Program and Project Management of key projects as well as software development process improvement in keeping with the Agile mindset.
Serves as mentor and lead for the company's Scrum Masters.
Senior Scrum Master
Company Name CHAMP Cargosystems
Dates Employed Feb 2013 – Jul 2014 Employment Duration 1 yr 6 mos
Location NCR - National Capital Region, Philippines
Served as Project Manager / Senior Scrum Master for 3 teams of the Customs Revenue Accounting module of Cargospot. Cargospot is an airline cargo industry enterprise software system currently being used by most airlines worldwide. One team handles the hot fixes to the existing modules of the system while the other two teams takes care of the new features that will be rolled out.
Consulting, Agile and Scrum, Lean, Process Improvement
Agile, Lean and Process Improvement Consulting for current clients in the follow industries and segments:
• Software development
• Software support and DevOps
• Merchandizing and Distribution
• Daily Operations
• Considered by KnowledgeHut as one of their top Agile Coach and Agile & Scrum trainer in the Asia Pacific region.
• Successfully conducted Agile coaching, business consulting and Scrum training sessions for multinational companies in the following countries: Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan and Indonesia.
Senior Manager for Application Development