Gary Tudball has extensive Information Technology and Business Management experience across various IT roles with a record of achievement in building information functions that effectively support and drive business change. His qualifications include an MBA certification along with 25+ years’ professional experience including diverse ICT and business focused roles: solution architect, enterprise architect, solution designer, project manager and business analyst.
Gary possesses several years’ experience in Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Design, Pre-Sales and Project Management involving client consultancy (across several industry sectors) assisting clients with problem definition, requirements gathering, current state/gap analysis, future state planning, application and infrastructure architectures / roadmap and related documentation including strategies, architectural designs, project plans, submissions (proposals, RFx submissions, whitepapers, other artefacts) and delivery of customer presentations. He has significant business/computing experience across telecommunications, resources, aviation, logistics, utilities, finance and public administration industry verticals.
He brings in his vast expertise and experience into his training workshops and mentors participants to gain specialization in various fields.
Pre-sales solution consultancy, bid/tender preparation, project management and graduate application development roles.
Management of freight infrastructure and application projects.
Project managed teams of Solution Architects and Solution Designers responsible for IT solutions within CSC's New Business division across diverse client accounts including Rio Tinto, GE Money, BHP Billiton, Xstrata, BMA Coal, Victorian State Government, AMP, Powercor, West Australian Water Corporation and SA Police.
• Pre-Sales IT solution development to meet business requirements for existing clients and new clients (predominantly in mining, financial, energy and government verticals)
• Communicating at a high level on a range of tasks including: producing high quality written proposals and/or tender responses, consultancy to clarify client IT requirements and consultation of solution alternatives.
• Development of architectures including response to a range of new business opportunities – including Requests for Tender, Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals, etc. and preparation and delivery of presentations to stakeholders.
• Problem solving – quickly identifying the ‘best’ strategy to deliver both economic and technologically innovative, but sound, computing solutions.
SPARQ Solutions is the IT service provider to Energy Queensland - Queensland's largest electricity distributor/retailer (merger of Energex and Ergon Energy).
Develop architectural deliverables for diverse initiatives including architectural designs, roadmaps and strategy option papers for Enterprise Storage, Mobile computing, Cloud computing, Data Centre rationalization and Disaster Recovery projects.
As a freelance IT consultant, I work on various client assignments as a Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect / Project Manager. I also have conducted training assignments for ITIL, PRINCE2, TOGAF and Business Strategy / Business Case Writing courses on behalf of KnowledgeHut, The Knowledge Academy, KnowledgeLite and iCert Global Training.
I work across technology & business domains to ensure IT investment is aligned to business strategy and delivers best value. Drawing on broad IT and business experience, I work with both senior management and project managers to provide technical and specific advice and leadership from early concept phase, business requirements, market selection through to implementation and acceptance of IT initiatives.
This includes developing solutions and proposals for customers utilising the IT services, software and cloud solutions including IaaS, SaaS and PaaS. Key focus areas include:
✔ Understanding business strategy and drivers to propose customer needs requirements.
✔ Propose IT options to meet business needs, including exploration of various options alternatives.
✔ Delivery of IT solutions throughout the development, transition and operations stages to ensure smooth implementation of IT systems into the business environment.
Recent Work assignments:
* Queensland State Archives - Technical Lead Digital Archiving - Technical leadership for the Digital Archiving Design Test & Prove Project
* Queensland Health (Lady Cilento Children's Hospital LCCH & Gold Coast University Hospital GCUH projects) - Solution Architect - Current state analysis and future state planning of enterprise applications and IT infrastructure design.
* Gold Coast City Council - Solution Designer - Research, investigation and analysis of business requirements to specify, design and implement IT solutions
* Brisbane City Council - Solution Architect - Develop strategies and plans for improvements and evolution of IT systems.
● Manage and lead mulitiple project teams through the full life-cycle of a project/s, ensuring that project methodologies, standards and processes are adhered to, resulting in projects delivered within agreed timeframes, scope and budget.
● Manage stakeholder and business owner involvement, ensuring appropriate change management and communication. This includes project planning, scheduling and coordinating the implementation of system migrations.
● Develop business-related policies and procedures for new systems in conjunction with stakeholders, mentoring these successfully through the consultative and approval process.
● Manage project issues and risks in a timely manner and escalating as appropriate, to project sponsor, project board and program board.
● Responsibility for holistic planning across all managed projects, such that, other dependent university project critical path activities are actively managed.