Samir is a Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile thought leader with extensive experience in training, coaching and implementing the Agile framework for both commercial and government organizations.
He has trained and mentored numerous teams, arming them with the skills and expertise needed to apply classroom theory to operational success at the team and project level. Samir has more than 20 years of experience in managing programs, including serving as ScrumMaster for one of Cisco’s largest Unified Communication programs and Virtual Desktop Solutions, and working with multiple government agencies on implementing the Agile Framework to more rapidly achieve their missions.
Agility Technology is an Arlington, Virgina based small business consulting company. We specialize in Agile training, coaching, staff augmentation and the overall organizational adoption of Agile.
Our mission is to redefine traditional consulting services by combining business insight and technology to fundamentally enhance performance
Agility Technology provides custom Agile solutions for organizations that work for all layers of your organization right from CTO to individual contributors, Training and coaching your organization for great performance efficiency.
Program Manager on a large Federal Government contract providing IT service management.
Responsible for ,
• Program management, release/deployment, software development/support
• Team member for the proposal bid
• Part of a core team to enable Agile/Scrum Methodology at the Department of Homeland Security, Custom and Border Partol for a very large data center migration.
• Adapted the Agile Processes for the public sector specifically for hardware infrastructure project.
• Created and provided training to enable teams to adopt and succeed using Agile Methodology.
• Manage the moves of database and application tier migrations using the Scrum methodology.
• Assist the CBP team to learn and use the Agile Scrum methodology, by providing leadership and guidance on the process.
• Part of team that provided one day training on Agile Scrum process to the Agilex and the CBP teams.
Currently work on Cisco's Cloud Computing solution for Desktop Virtualization Program (Virtual Experience Client)
*Managed a team of 50 for the delivery of Cisco’s first Cloud Computing desktop initiative -VXC. Managed teams responsible for various aspects of the program, starting from concept to delivery.
*Implemented customized Agile methodology for the development of VXC to ensure a faster turn around time for solution/feature implementation.
*Managed vendor relationship for product and feature deliverables. Facilitated resolution of technical issues among various vendors and cross BU teams.
*Developed and managed the VXC development and testing strategy for Cisco and vendor teams.
*Worked with the user experience team to ensure VXC integration into VTG portfolio of products.