This final module covers what it takes to optimize performance on your database and keep it secure. So, you will start by making your MySQL instance secure, create secure users, and enable encryption. You will learn to use EXPLAIN to understand queries, track performance problems, and learn how to alleviate them. You will understand how to create indexes on the most useful fields, learn how to pick the proper fields for indexing, and use indexing with queries. You will also learn how to use prepared statements both for performance and security reasons and use these prepared statements from code.
Next, you will learn how to make your data safe with backup policies, using backup for recovery, and understanding which log is needed to restart the MySQL DB. Finally, you will understand the performance of complex and huge queries and learn how to decompose them into smaller ones.
- Securing MySQL
- Track Performance Problems with EXPLAIN
- Use Indexing to improve the performance of search queries
- Prepared Statements as a best MySQL query pattern
- Performing Backups and using Logs
- Decomposition of complex queries into simpler ones