What Is a Project Manager & What Do They Do
By Nichoas Byrd
Really, the project manager is responsible for the success or failure of a project. Typically the responsibility of a project manager include the process like Planning, implementing and closing projects defining the project, building its complete work plan and managing to the budget.
The job role of the project manager ( Scope creep ) is to deliver the project within the different limits that have been arranged. By grouping the activities of the project into phases, the project manager can efficiently organize and plan resources for each of the activities and also measure success of goals and make decisions on how to move forward and take curative action if necessary. Paying close notice to such details is the distinction between simply doing things well arid surpassing as project managers.
The following are the steps that are doing by a project manager.
The process of define phase, the important tasks of a project manager are:
• Planning project goals: what are the high-level objectives for the project? What should be achieved? What are the significant success features? For helping to define the objectives, the project manager is concerned in stakeholder mapping.
• Stakeholder Mapping: This involves analysing and identifying stakeholders to make sure their wants will be met.
• Beginning to collect the project team: Sometimes the project managers have self-rule over this, sometimes not. For some example in an utilitarian association the task chief should work with the division supervisors to ensured the venture colleagues.
• Developing the project charter: This is the formal approval of the project to be proceeding.
Planning is the next phase. What are the steps that are doing by the project manager in this phase? In this phase the project manager, lead the preparation of the planning of the project. The project plan is the mapping for how those high level scopes are identified in the beginning define phase will be achieved. The project plan includes:
• Developing a structure for work breakdown: This find out each of the project task
• Preparing a work schedule for the project: This will take all of the tasks from the work breakdown structure and arrange for them in time sequence so that we have to know how long the projects will take.
• Define the resource requirements: The greater part of the activities cash, take cash and need assets. The project manager ought to have a sensible gauge of the cost of the undertaking before the usage of the task. It is additionally a key duty of the undertaking trough to ensure about the venture is on the timetable. A standout amongst the most huge parts of the task supervisor is to set up a sensible desires and to make adjust the undertaking imperatives like time, cost, and extension.
• Writing a risk plan: This process is to identify the rank and manage the risk. This will helps the project manager to moderate the risks and uncover the opportunities.
• Preparing a quality plan: This describes on how quality will be managed all through the lifecycle of the project to make sure the quality of the both the deliverables and the project.
• Writing a plan for communication management: This expands on the past partner mapping and builds up an arrangement for conveying and connecting with the greater part of the partners.
The point is to achieving the project management is in the planning. Frequently the planning is mistreated in favourite to getting on with the project work. So, the successful project managers can understand the value of a project plan in saving the time, problems and money down the line.
The next phase is the implementation phase. This is where the project plan is place to work as a project manager monitors, and executes and controls its implementation.
During this phase, the project manager will interface with the management as they needed, handover the responsibilities within the framework of the project, organises the resources and communicates will all of the stakeholders to make sure timely and the successful completion of the project. This is if the project manager uses the interpersonal skills of negotiating, influencing and communicating to resolve the challenges. The project manager will take charge of:
• The Project team development and management
• Keeping the stakeholders informed and controlling the expectations
• Reporting and measuring on progress and performance.
• Controlling and monitoring the cost, scope m-and also money
• Monitoring the quality and risk and
• Taking correct action if required
The closure phase is the final phase. This is if the project manager conveys the finished venture to the proprietor, concedes the commitments made to the archives and the undertaking of the work. Thinking about the part, which is found out to ensure about these encounters, is passes on to assist the other venture supervisor with other new tasks.
based on 20 customer reviews