Are you planning to appear for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification in 2022? Looking for some guidance in the right direction? Well, your search ends here. Here is a complete and comprehensive guide of all the things you can expect from the AWS exams and how to best prepare for them!
What is the Need for Cloud Computing:
Cloud Computing is one of the biggest industries in Information Technology. It has ventured into several sectors and industries over the globe changing the way we commute, communicate and conduct business. Cloud Computing is allowing businesses and clients transact better and incorporate innovative ideas in an effective way and on a massive scale. Plus, the fact that there is no need for up-front investment, only makes things better for small scale enterprises.
What is Amazon Web Services:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the global leader in cloud computing. AWS offers over 100 patented services and other additional courses through the Marketplace that can be accessed by people from all across the world. AWS is a credible and reliable cloud computing platform that has abusiness in digital areas such as Silicon Valley, Seattle, and New York.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification- An Overview
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is one of the basic platforms that offers Cloud Certifications including those like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. CloudPractitioner Certification is accessible to anyone who is interested in a career in technology and IT. AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is meant for Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, Developers, Sales, Marketing, and IT leaders. Here is the list of AWS certified roles that you can apply for with the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Professional
- AWS Certified Networking Specialist
- AWS Certified Security Specialist
- AWS Certified Bigdata Specialist.
Eligibility Criteria for AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification:
Here are some of the basic criteria need to be satisfied to be able to take AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification exam:
- Minimum ½ year practice of AWS cloud concepts in either of these sectors- purchasing, financial, sales, technical, managerial, etc.
- Understanding of IT services and their application in AWS Cloud platform.
Exam Pattern for AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification:
There are two basic types of questions that you’ll find in the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam- objective and subjective. The multiple-choice questions have 4 options, out of which candidates have to select the right one. The other kind is called the multiple-response question where candidates have to think of all possible responses of a question. Beginner level candidates generally opt for the AWS distractor options as they’re easier and have no negative marking for selecting a wrong answer. You will be given 90 minutes to finish the exam. Also, the exam is available in English, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese at a price of 100 USD. For more information regarding the exam, download the exam guide CLF-C01.
What are the ObjectivesAWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam:
AWS CCP is an exam that aims at testing the candidates practical and theoretical understanding of cloud computing. Acing this exam would make you a certified cloud based developer or analyst. This certification exam evaluates candidate’s knowledge to:
- Explain the chief characteristics of operating and deploying in the AWS Cloud
- Identify the key sources of technical help or documentation
- Define common security model, security and compliance concepts
- Clarify the elementary principles of AWS Cloud Architecture
- Elucidate AWS cloud standards
- Describe the account management, billing, and pricing
- Explain AWS cloud and its basic infrastructure
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Subject Areas
The curriculum for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification exam has been categorized into four subject areas, such as:
|4||Billing & Pricing||12%|
1. Cloud Concepts
A basic knowledge of Cloud Computing Concepts is mandatory if candidates want to clear the AWS exam. There are generally broad questions asked from this section and includes topics like Fault Tolerance, High Availability, Scalability, and Elasticity.
Security is another topic that is essential for AWS applicants. This includes various questions related to culpable management, compliance, and security. Below are some of the topics that you may find in your exam:
- IAM- Managing users, Password policies, and MFA
- DDoS Protection
- Cloud Logs
- Shared Security Model
Technology is the most significant field of AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam. You should be familiar with the main AWS services if you want to be proficient in this section. Some of the AWS services that you must know include Route 53, Lambda, S3, ELB, SNS, RDS and EC2.
4. Billing & Pricing
As AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam focuses on the commercial application of AWS, Billing & Pricing becomes an integral topic for applicants. You must have a basic understanding of knowledge of general account information, AWS support, billing processes and how services are billed, cost calculation, taxation and more.
How to Prepare for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification:
As we all know that training for any certification course is no piece of cake. Candidates need to put in considerable time and effort in the right direction to get a decent score. Here is how one can prepare for the exams;
Start with AWS Training Lessons
Here are three AWS Training courses that will help you to pass this certification.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials: This course caters to candidates who want to get a complete understanding of AWS Cloud. This course comprises of cloud concepts, AWS amenities, pricing, architecture, security, and support.
- AWS Technical Essentials: This course enlightens you about AWS services, goods, and some commonplace solutions. It makes you more competent in analysing AWS services so that you will be able to resolve IT issues.
- AWS Business Essentials: AWS Business Essentials supports candidates who want to know about the advantages of cloud computing, plus monetary profits and cloud-based approaches to help people crack business goals. This course even advises you about safety and acquiescence concepts and helps you understand AWS cloud computing approach.
Consult the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam Guide
People preparing for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam should definitely consult the AWS CCP guides available online and offline. These books offer a deeper understanding of the core areas that candidates need to focus on.
Get Familiar with the Subject Areas
When you are preparing for an exam, the subject area or topic is an important part that you should be concentrating on. Objectives of AWS CCP certification exam have already been discussed above, go through them carefully, and then start your training through the suggested study material for each topic area.
Go through AWS Whitepapers
Since we know that white papers are fashioned to instruct the listeners about a specific and precise methodology. AWS whitepapers are detailed reliable and cover the basic topics such as security, architecture, and economics. Here are some popular AWS whitepapers that will help you in the preparation of AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam
- Overview of AWS
- How AWS Pricing Works
- Maximizing Value with AWS
- AWS Security Best Practices
- An Overview of the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
- The Business Value of AWS: Succeeding at Twenty-First Century Business Infrastructure
AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam covers the rudimentary concepts and information regarding AWS Cloud. People who have the experience or expertise of working on AWS cloud platform, can easily pass the exam through self-study. We would recommend online courses for candidates who have trouble understanding the concepts and ideas of AWS cloud computing. Browse through the FAQs and blogs to get a better idea about how things work.
Take Free Cloud Practitioner Practice Test
Taking practice tests for any certification exam is the best way to evaluate yourself for the exam and test your knowledge. If you want to accomplish good grades, you must opt for the free AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner practice exam. These tests are designed in a pattern that resembles the actual exam structure and contents.
Schedule the Exam and Get Certified
Now that you are done with your preparation and feel confident enough, it is the right time to enrol for the exam. Candidates can choose any testing centre in their locality. A quick look at the AWS training website would give you a list of all the centres near you. Pick a centre and register yourself.
Best AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Books
There are several books and notes that candidates can consult while preparing for AWS exams. AWS Exam Guide will give people a step by step guide in order to prepare for the tests. It is a well organised and comprehensive tool for first timers and professionals alike. We have enlisted some important books that will help you to prepare for the AWS certified cloud practitioner exam. Read all or few of these to clear your notions of AWS cloud and pass the certification exam with flying colours. So, here are the suggested AWS certified cloud practitioner books –
- AWS: The Beginners Guide to Amazon Web Services by Dennis Hutten
- AWS Basics: Beginner’s Guide by Gordon Wong
- Learning AWS by Aurobindo Sarkar and Amit Shah
- Amazon Web Services for Dummies by Bernard Golden
- Amazon Web Services in Action by Andreas Wittig and Michael Wittig
- AWS Automation Cookbook – Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using AWS Services by Nikit Swaraj
Suggestions to Follow While Taking AWS Cloud PractitionerExam:
Now that you have prepared for the exam, and registered for the same, it is time to face the music and actually appear for the exams. Don’t be nervous, you have done your best and are absolutely prepared for the tests. Take a deep breath, and follow these tips if you feel unsure or under confident about the papers;
- Start the exam by answering the questions you are sure about. Tackle the simplest problems first. You can then have more time on your hands to think about the difficult questions. Also, don’t spend a lot of time on a single question
- Keep a watch with you and always check the time when you’re at the exam time. Keeping track of how much time you’ve spent is a great way to manage your answers better. This way you can even attempt all the questions
- Don’t panic, take a deep breath, and avoid rushing into the answers. Don’t try to complete the questions as fast as you can, try to be accurate as well. Although there is no negative marking, it would be better if you get maximum answers correct
- The AWS exam lasts for 90 minutes, with enough practice, you can easily solve the papers in the stipulated time. Give mock exams and tests to practice your skills
- The objective questions are usually the easiest to answer, so do them first, next, pick the questions that have multiple right answers. It is not always the case that only one answer will only be the best answer. Think about all the possible ways in which the question can be answered, and pick the best-case scenario
- The AWS pattern does have sub questions and sub sections in a single large question. Not every question has the same weightage or answering requirement. Read through the marking scheme and instructions carefully before you answer
- Don’t rush with the question, read it carefully to understand exactly what is asked of you before you begin with your answer.
The Bottom Line
Preparing for AWS CCP exams are not a piece of cake, however, it is not as difficult as most people make it sound as well. What you need is the right balance of resources and training. Start with the basics and slowly work your way from there. You don’t need to ace the subjects in one go, take your time, be through with your preparation and we’re sure you will be able to crack the exams. Try out the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Training course of KnowledgeHut to prepare for the exam. Good luck!