With technological advancements and the need for computing services accelerating heights, many businesses are actively incorporating the cloud for better business operations. Verses the traditional method of storing and managing infrastructure needs, cloud solutions are becoming an efficient way to store, compute and secure resources. As a result, the demand for cloud computing and its applications is immensely high than ever.
If you are exploring the cloud for the first time or looking forward to starting your journey in cloud computing, this is the right time to start. Besides learning the cloud services and offerings, getting hands-on experience with cloud computing projects is important. Working on projects will help you understand cloud services clearly and prepare you to work on real-life problems.
In this article, we will introduce you to cloud computing and discuss the importance of using cloud computing. Also, we will present the best cloud computing projects from which you can draw inspiration as you advance. Use the guide and follow along based on your knowledge and expertise. Whether you are new, intermediate, or advanced, we have cloud computing projects for all levels of learners.
Let us Start!
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing refers to the delivery of computing services such as servers, storage, databases, and networking over the internet. Verses the traditional approach, the new cloud-based to provides faster innovation, more flexible resources, and economies of scale.
The three most in-demand Cloud computing services are:
- Software as a Service (SaaS): SaaS is a software distribution model in which a cloud service provider hosts services. End-users can use these services using the internet. Therefore, there is no need to install any software on the device explicitly. Examples: Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, Slack, etc.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): PaaS is a cloud computing model where customers receive hardware and software tools from a third-party supplier over the Internet. Examples: Google App Engine, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): IaaS cloud computing service offers pay-as-you-go that provides basic computation, storage, and networking resources on demand. Examples: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), etc.
Cloud Computing Projects Ideas
Learning cloud computing starts with getting hands-on experience. Check out the and get started with the cloud:
1. Cloud-enabled attendance system
We can use a cloud-enabled automatic attendance system to scan details. Also, all the scanned information can be directly synchronized and stored on the cloud in real-time. Detailed information like check-in time, check-out time, date, and total working hours, to name a few, can be stored and saved. Administrators must register new students/employees on the system and provide some personal information.
Source Code: Cloud-Enabled Attendance System
Advantages Of a Cloud-Enabled Attendance System:
- Data and Analytics: You can easily generate reports
- Flexibility: You can track attendance in a variety of ways
- Remote management: Cloud-based attendance systems make use of software that can be accessed from anywhere on any device that has Internet access.
Disadvantages Of a Cloud-Enabled Attendance System:
- Not effective in monitoring buddy punching: This software is ineffective at detecting buddy punching. There is a greater possibility of malpractice occurring here. However, if it is equipped with biometric technology, it can be properly monitored.
- Difficult to maintain and repair:nMaintaining and repairing software is difficult. Though it may be uncommon, once damaged, there will be costs associated with repairing it.
- Ineffective when there is no power supply: Without a power supply, the software is of no use. The entire system is powered by electricity. This is not the case with the traditional method of taking attendance.
2. Online blood bank system
Using cloud computing, we can create a central repository for numerous blood deposits, including blood details and depositor information. The blood details would include blood type, storage area, and storage date to help maintain and monitor the blood depositors. This cloud-based system would allow for greater transparency in determining the availability of the desired blood depositor. This system will also contain patient and contact information.
Source Code: Online Blood Bank System
Advantages of Online Blood Bank System
- Error probability is reduced to a minimum.
- Easy and effective information retrieval.
- The system shows the blood nearing expiry and those that have expired. Hence the unhealthy blood can easily be discarded.
3. Online cloud-enabled bookstore system
This system can function as an internet bookstore by utilizing SQL and C#. The books would be divided into sections to help users find their desired book without becoming overwhelmed by a database. Additionally, the bookstore records additional information such as a brief synopsis of the books. A notification system is added to help users stay up to date on their eagerly anticipated books and their availability.
Source Code: Online Cloud-Enabled Bookstore System
Advantages of Online Cloud-Enabled Book Store System
- Lower costs as users are not required to purchase a powerful computer or server to support the system's operation.
- Lower barriers to use. uses the service through the user's browser, the overall interface will be clearer and clearer, and the display effect of each functional module will be more intuitive and adapt to the user’s device
- Higher security as maintenance of the server is the responsibility of the system supplier.
4. Data redundancy removal system
This project is focused on accurately removing unnecessary and redundant data in a short amount of time. It accomplishes this by classifying the test data as redundant or false positive. Also, the cloud-enabled system validates the newly-added data to keep the database free from duplicity. If the data is not found in the database, new data gets appended.
Advantages of Data Redundancy Removal System
- Alternative data backup method
- Better data security
- Faster data access and updates
- Improved reliability
5. Detecting data leaks using SQL injection
This cloud-enabled data leak detection system operates over the Internet and does not require any particular system configuration. The system aims to enhance security and provide measures against SQL injection hacking. By storing users’ information in AES 256 encryption form, it meets all the security needs. It injects SQL through a capability code and establishes a connection between the cloud server and the application itself; this system doubles the security against it.
Source Code: Data Leakage Detection
Advantages of This Project
- Get 100% database security and detect data leakers effortlessly.
- Distributors can easily identify counterfeit agents leaking their confidential data and take strict action against them.
6. Cloud-based bus pass system
It is a cloud-based adaptation of purchasing tickets over the Internet. This solves many common problems, such as misplaced, stolen, or incorrectly priced tickets. In addition, if the load on a typical bus booking website is too high, the website chokes and stops working. However, an additional load can be handled by provisioning new servers in the computing.
Source Code: Cloud-based Bus Pass System
Advantages of Cloud-based Bus Pass System
- Allows customers to check the availability of bus tickets before purchasing them
- Secure. Passengers must first register with the system to verify their identity. After they have been verified, the system allows them to book passes for any route online.
- Users can recharge using their credit/debit cards.
7. Making a chatbot
A chatbot is an AI-enabled software designed to interact with users when they visit a website. These bots are assigned to websites to streamline user interaction when they land on the website for the first time. The goal is to provide real-time and immediate responses to customer inquiries. To work on the chatbot application, you can use retrieval-based or generative-based models. If you want to use the chatbot on a commercial website, you should pre-define the input patterns.
Source Code: Chatbot
Advantages of Chatbots
- Seamless live communication
- Reduced people-to-people interactions
- Makes customer service available 24/7
8. Secure text transfer
Encryption is essential to protect confidential data safe against unauthorized access or misuse. This encryption safeguards confidential information in a key-password combination. This combination employs Diffie-Hellman key exchange, which applies to private and public encryption concepts.
This project can be used to exchange text messages while maintaining maximum security and speed. This system can be modified and repurposed to work for image exchange. SQL databases to store all information for exchange strengthen the entire system.
Source Code: Secure Text Transfer
Advantages of Secure Text Transfer System
- Content is encrypted to prevent access by hackers and unauthorized people.
- .NET framework simplifies the development process.
9. Bug tracking functionality
Using cloud computing, developers could identify the type and origin of bugs by simply logging into the application. The project will be divided into three parts: customer, administrator, and staff.
By entering a username and password, the customer will create an account. They can log in to the bug tracking application with their credentials and send a bug report with screenshots of the bugs they encountered. Staff can log in using their respective accounts to view bugs and determine whether they need to be fixed. And administrators can contact the user directly about the bugs they sent and quickly resolve them. Depending on the load of the reports, this can vary significantly.
Source Code: Bug Tracking System
Advantages of Bug Tracking System
- Deliver a high-quality product.
- Better communication and connectivity.
- Better customer service.
Enroll in KnowledgeHut training and courses to start your journey today. We provide study materials, cloud computing projects pdf, and the best resources to help you reach your cloud computing goals. Reach out to us to know our Cloud Computing course duration and fee in detail.
Cloud Computing Projects for Beginners
Are you new to the cloud and looking to explore your knowledge in cloud computing? There is no better way than trying some hands-on experience with a few basic projects. Here is a list of cloud computing projects for beginners that you must certainly give it a try.
1. Attendance tracking
This allows schools, colleges, institutions, and even offices to keep track of students' and employees' absences. Students and employees can mark their attendance by logging in, which is saved in the database and can later be checked by the institute's office.
Source Code: Attendance Tracking
2. Bus ticketing
Allow passengers to book bus tickets remotely. There will be no more hassles or concerns if the ticket is misplaced. Distributing tickets and passes to passengers can be done quickly and seamlessly. Also, passengers can use the bus ticketing app to check updates such as seat availability, schedules and timings, discounts, and much more.
Source Code: Bus Ticketing
3. Automation of university or college data
This project will assist you in creating a portal for a university or college. This portal allows them to register students, track their placements in various companies, and view their final results.
While it provides separate login portals for teachers and students, it also serves as a liaison between staff, students, and companies to deliver necessary information, collect feedback, declares results, etc.
Source Code: Automation of University
4. Personal cloud
You can create a personal cloud server with this project. Raspberry Pi and a Micro SD card will be required to build a private cloud. The hard drive will be the primary cloud storage in this project, and it will help you understand how a cloud server works.
Source Code: Personal Cloud
5. Android Offloading
Installing and offloading the processing requirements of an application is strenuous and time-consuming. The android offloading project aims to solve the problem by making it easy for applications to overload the compute parts explicitly. Using static analysis, this framework enhances an app's functionality. Users can choose a process and files to be encrypted and stored in the cloud. Visit AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials Certification Training and learn AWS from scratch.
Source Code: Android Offloading
Suppose you have a basic understanding of the cloud basics and you are comfortable working with computing, storage, and security. In that case, you must try a step forward than the entry-level projects. Here is the list of intermediate cloud computing projects from GitHub with source code. Let us check each in detail:
1. Online blood bank system
This cloud-based application serves as a central information database for the various blood deposits, including the donor's name and blood type information. The cloud can also store information such as blood type, storage data, blood type availability in a given area, etc. This facilitates quick access to blood in an emergency.
GitHub Source Code: Online Blood Bank System
2. Information Chatbot
Most companies have implemented chatbots on their websites to improve customer service and increase efficiency. In this project, you will create a chatbot in Python that will interact with users, answer their questions, and collect data that you will save in a cloud database.
GitHub Source Code: Information Chatbot
3. Online bookstore
This application can keep a catalog of books with the title, author, price, and even the ability to read them online. For the convenience of the customers, the books can be classified according to several criteria, such as author, genre, year of publication, and so on.
GitHub Source Code: Online Bookstore
Online education platforms are nothing new to today's generation. These platforms have their advantages, resources, and time and cost flexibility and thus rank among the most popular learning mediums. Converting the project to a cloud project can drastically reduce costs. A learning space where study materials and relevant videos are kept for the learner's benefit. They are available for students to access and use as needed.
GitHub Source Code: E-learning
Looking to boost your career? Enroll in our ITIL certification course online! Gain valuable skills and knowledge to excel in the ever-evolving IT industry. Don't miss out, sign up today!
Advanced Cloud Computing Projects with Source Code
If you are a professional and have a sound understanding of cloud technologies, then you must opt for advanced cloud computing projects to elevate your skills to the next level. Here are a few hard-to-crack cloud computing projects with source code:
1. Bug tracking
Bug tracking is a project aimed at detecting and tracking the type and location of a bug on a website or app. Some common real-world applications designed using this concept include Backlog and Zoho bug tracker.
GitHub Source Code: https://github.com/MichaelMure/git-bug.git
2. File storage system using hybrid cryptography
The project's goal is to secure the files using hybrid cryptography. Such applications are used in banking applications and systems to protect information and data sets.
You can encrypt the files with Blowfish because it is accurate and fast. Use symmetric algorithms for decryption. Even in remote servers, the hybrid technique can provide exceptional cloud security. With this project, you can add data security to your skill set, which is in high demand due to the increased frequency of security risks and attacks. Cryptography will be used to convert the data sets into unreadable forms.
GitHub Source Code: https://github.com/rclone/rclone.git
3. Rural banking
This cloud project aims to create a cloud-based banking system for rural areas where banking facilities and amenities are inadequate to provide people with banking convenience.
GitHub Source Code: https://github.com/hegdeakshay679/E-reciept.git
4. Data leaks
SQL injection refers to data leakage in the database as a common business problem. It is an excellent portal for anyone working or planning to work as an e-commerce platform. The primary aim of SQL injectors is to safeguard data and secure the privacy of the information from scammers. Developers employ standard encryption technology to create this SQL injection system
GitHub Source Code: https://github.com/loseys/Oblivion.git
Importance of Cloud Computing Projects
Whether you a professional getting started with cloud computing or an experienced folk with experience in the cloud, these projects will help you streamline your learning process in many ways. Check out the importance of cloud computing projects and why it is a must for you:
- Cloud computing applications cover many domains, technologies, scales, and applications. Cloud computing mini projects or real-time cloud computing projects will provide adequate exposure and experience with cloud technologies.
- With the massive expansion of both technologies, virtualization and cloud computing projects are in high demand. Cloud computing has several applications in terms of programming languages and frameworks. Java cloud computing projects, Android cloud computing projects, PHP cloud computing projects, and other popular programming languages can be developed.
- Cloud computing projects for students have many applications in their academic careers. Cloud delivery and deployment models can be used to develop cloud computing projects for final-year engineering or cloud computing projects for MTech. Cloud computing projects are used in entertainment, education, healthcare, retail, banking, marketing, and other industrial and business domains.
Factors Affecting Cloud Computing
Cloud computing based on the pay-as-you-go model is affected by a number of factors. Let us discuss each in brief:
- Cost: The developers must keep in mind that it must be cost-effective and allow the company to achieve cost-saving benefits. Most businesses choose Cloud Computing because it is less expensive.
- Application in the future: Its potential applications should be designed so that they not only benefit the company in terms of current needs but are also adaptable enough to benefit the organization in the future as changes occur.
- Mobility: It is essential to design a Cloud Computing project to be easily moved between private and public clouds to check and access resources or data.
- Security: Security is the top priority when considering the entire aspect of data and resources. As a result, data security should be prioritized while a project is being developed.
- Increased bandwidth: When working in the cloud, it is important to consider increased bandwidth. Increased bandwidth significantly reduces transfer times, especially when handling big chunks of data.
Cloud computing is so popular and has the potential that many businesses have adopted it for their day-to-day operations. Today, most online services are hosted in the cloud, and the number is continually increasing. By incorporating cloud computing into a project, you can get comfortable working on the cloud and get job-ready. Check out the best cloud computing courses at Knowledgehut and choose the one that best suits your skill sets and interest. To know more about KnowledgeHut’s Cloud Computing course duration and fee, visit our website or contact us.