Cloud computing is considered to be the future of virtual media. It helps to store data over the internet and create a safe space for an organization to back up its data. Cloud technology has been emerging voraciously for the last two years. After the COVID-19 pandemic, Cloud Computing has become the future of data storage. The cloud engineer job description entails administering the different aspects of the cloud to ensure optimal data security. They help to optimize and maintain the organization's cloud-based systems. They also help in deploying and debugging new cloud-based systems and taking up new cloud initiatives.
Cloud computing consists of a vast spectrum where different IT professionals work on different teams to ensure sound cloud computing systems meet the needs of the organization. Here are some details for cloud engineer roles and responsibilities, which will help you get an idea of what kind of certification courses you will need to excel in your career. You can also check out the KnowledgeHut website for the best ways to learn Cloud Computing and excel in your career path.
Who is a Cloud Engineer?
A cloud engineer helps to create and maintain a cloud infrastructure. They help to administer any problem related to the cloud and help in creating a bug-free storage system. The concept of cloud technology has been extremely ubiquitous since the commencement of the pandemic. Cloud-based technology is used daily, be it for music streaming or using an online email platform. Even backing up phone pictures via the internet is a fine example of cloud storage. Cloud engineers help maintain the privacy of these activities. They help in storing and backing up the data with ease. The cloud engineer roles provide software updates on-demand to perform seamless data storage and backup.
There is a plethora of job growth for a cloud engineer. A cloud engineer can earn up to $100,285 in a year. The job role differs from company to company. For example, a cloud engineer in Google helps to build and architect Google Cloud Platforms. They try to improve the customer experience of Google Cloud and backup data with ease. In some cases, a cloud engineer is often confused with a software engineer. However, the role of a cloud engineer is completely different from that of a software engineer. A cloud engineer job role focuses on debugging and deploying cloud-native apps and storage. While, on the other hand, the role of a software engineer is solely dependent upon the different IT infrastructures.
Why Should You Go for a Cloud Computing Career?
Cloud computing is the future of virtual technology. With the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the prevalence of virtual media has increased substantially throughout the world. Multi-cloud systems are now in high demand. You can now hop around different cloud computing providers and make a potential profit via this process. There are plenty of tools to work around with cloud computing that perfectly fit the roles and responsibilities of cloud engineers.
To become a certified cloud engineer, make sure you choose a training program based on your preference. You can check out Architecting on AWS Associate from their integral training program and learn about the day to day activities of an AWS cloud engineer. If you want to specialize in different fields of cloud engineering, check out the website to learn more.
What Does a Cloud Engineer Do on a Daily Basis?
A daily task of a cloud engineer consists of helping to organize the cloud database. They migrate the storage information in the computer systems to the cloud on a regular basis. They help in configuring cloud infrastructure components like networking and security. They help in creating applications based on the databases that are present in the cloud.
The cloud engineer duties depend upon the company's need for the cloud. It can differ from company to company based on the intensity of cloud storage. Here is some basic role of a cloud engineer that will give you a clear idea about cloud computing.
- Organizing and migrating data from computer systems to the cloud.
- Cloud infrastructure configuration with the help of network and security services.
- Making applications and architecting databases over the cloud.
- Managing the cloud data storage.
- Establishing a secure cloud environment.
- Ensuring proper availability of the services.
- Requesting new technology.
- Developing strategies for disaster management and recovery.
These strategies help in cloud computing immensely and make the workload manageable for cloud engineers. Besides working on technical aspects there are other non-technical aspects of cloud computing that the engineers have to look after to excel in their careers. They are:
- Innovative skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
Roles and Responsibilities of a Cloud Engineer
There are different roles and responsibilities held by a cloud engineer to sustain cloud data storage. The roles and responsibilities of cloud engineers are divided substantially based on their experiences and certifications. Here are a few instances of job responsibilities that are shared by cloud engineers based on their experiences and certifications.
- Entry Level Cloud Engineers: The primary responsibility of cloud engineers is to design and maintain cloud computing solutions for clients as well as organizations. They have to have a keen knowledge of being able to communicate with both the technical and non-technical team members and understand the business of the organization.
- Mid-Level Cloud Engineers: Apart from gathering knowledge at an entry-level, the roles and responsibilities of a cloud engineer after gaining a little bit of experience focused primarily on obtaining different certifications. These certifications include AWS certifications as a cloud practitioner and architect. They have to know how to develop potential cloud storage data over the web and become a fine SysOps administrator. They can also take up different certifications provided by Google and Microsoft to enhance their skill set.
- Senior-Level Cloud Engineers: Senior-level cloud engineers both require technical and non-technical skills. They need to have a keen knowledge about communicating with their team members and know about the grievances that the members of the team or the clients express. Senior-level cloud engineers specialize in a particular field such as storage or networking, disaster recovery or web services and DevOps. They guide entry-level cloud engineers to work properly and scrutinize their work.
Different Cloud Engineer Roles
1. Solutions Architect
- Responsibilities: The job responsibility of a Solutions Architect entails focusing on solution-level decision-making provisions and analysis. Their decisions are solely going to impact the overall business goals and outcomes. The solutions architects provide a general blueprint for future cloud building. The product of a solution architect depends upon the set of technological solutions and the strategy behind those solution implementations.
- Experience: There is no specific experience required to be a solution architect. A fresher can also work as a solution architect and excel in their career. They should have profound knowledge regarding the currently available technologies.
- Personal Attributes: One of the important components to become a solution architect in cloud computing is to have a keen knowledge of problem-solving skills and sound knowledge of the strategies that are to be implemented when there arises any problem regarding the cloud.
2. Cloud Developer
- Responsibilities: The cloud developers are solely responsible for implementing and maintaining the company's cloud infrastructures. They analyze the cloud systems with utmost scrutiny and help in maintaining the database of the cloud systems.
- Experience: There is no specific experience required to become a cloud developer. One should have proper knowledge of the cloud and programming languages of Linux and Hadoop. Besides, they should have keen knowledge about different cloud platforms as well.
- Personal Attributes: The cloud developer should have proper interpersonal communication skills which will heighten their chances to be noticeable among the management. They should know how to develop the cloud with creativity based on the cloud requirements of the company.
3. Cloud Network Engineer
- Responsibilities: The role of a cloud network engineer is to design, plan and analyze cloud-specific solutions based on the needs of the clients or the organization. They should identify the best cloud service providers preferable for their needs. Cloud network engineers should have proper knowledge about responsive cloud networks. They should know how to migrate data from one network database to another.
- Experience: There is no specific experience required to become a cloud network engineer. Any cloud engineer with a relevant course done on cloud computing can become a cloud network engineer. They need to have proper knowledge about cloud servers and networks.
- Personal Attributes: The engineer must possess impeccable communication skills with decision-making skills that will upscale them in the future. They should know how to express themselves and become a successful cloud engineer.
4. Cloud System Engineer
- Responsibilities: The job role entails understanding at least one programming language and knowing about the cloud systems subsequently. The cloud system engineer should have a keen knowledge of the skills for debugging and deploying cloud applications properly. They should have the ability to work properly with virtualization technology.
- Experience: One should have a proper experience of cloud servers and the way it works. The cloud engineer should have a proper experience regarding the functionality of the cloud network and the service providers.
- Personal Attributes: The cloud system engineer should know proper communication methods to talk to their team members and superiors. They should always come up with innovative ideas that will profit the organization or the clients.
5. Systems Operations Engineer
- Responsibilities: The main job role of a Systems Operations Engineer or a SysOps engineer is to take up system administration of the cloud. They should have a keen knowledge of the systems administration and operation of the cloud servers. They should know how to monitor the virtual technology and auditing systems.
- Experience: There is no specific experience required to become a Systems Operation Engineer. However, one should know about the system's administration properly to work on a cloud network.
- Personal Attributes: A system operation engineer should have a fine knowledge of the problem-solving skills that might arrive on the cloud. They should know innovative ways to reduce problems arising in the cloud.
Looking to boost your career? Get ITIL4 certified! Discover the power of ITIL in our unique ITIL training program. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
Cloud Engineer Job Description Example
Cloud computing is a huge spectrum that consists of a ton of job opportunities. There are a plethora of job opportunities that come with cloud computing courses and help you to gain immense success in life. One of the finest examples of cloud engineer roles and responsibilities is maintaining cloud servers. They must work with different IT professionals and teams to ensure the optimal cloud server based on the organization's needs. Their responsibility is to design and deploy modular cloud-based systems. They ensure efficient methods of data functioning and data storage following the policies of company security. They also help in analyzing the infrastructure vulnerability of the cloud server and save it from any kind of external attacks. They also help to interact with clients and provide optimal cloud support by making recommendations based on the client’s needs.
Cloud Computing Skills to Focus On
Cloud computing is considered to be the budding future of virtual media. It has been seen that the growth of cloud computing has increased substantially in the past few years due to the commencement of the COVID-19 pandemic. There are tons of skills that need to be focused on to become a great cloud engineer. They are:
- To have a clear knowledge about SaaS, IaaS and PaaS.
- To have cloud performance expertise.
- To know Database management.
- To know the usage of APIs or Application Programming Interfaces
- To know about Development and Operations.
- To know about networking management and its basic skills.
- To have a keen knowledge of Machine Learning and AI.
- To ensure cloud security.
- To know in detail about cloud storage.
These are a few skills that need to be focused on to become one of the best cloud engineers in the country. If you want to have clear knowledge, do visit the KnowledgeHut website for KnowledgeHut's Cloud Computing courses that will help you excel in your career.
Cloud computing is considered to be the future of virtual technology. They have helped in backing up data in the cloud storage other than on the computer system which ensures extra security and support. The cloud engineer has a ton of responsibility to play in the organization. Other than having sound knowledge about cloud computing, the cloud engineer has to maintain proper communication skills among the team members and the managers. They need to come up with innovative ideas to manage the cloud storage of the company. You can check out the KnowledgeHut website and choose among your preferable cloud computing courses which will upgrade your skillset at large.