While you are crossing the streets of any place and gazing around the city, what attracts your eyes? Any idea? It is the livelihood and front elevating designs of the shops, restaurants, malls or anything which can grab the attention just by looks. That is how it works on the pages, websites on the internet.
When you are researching about any of the particular topic over internet, you will proceed with websites which are user friendly, attractive, and easy to play around. So, behind these attractive websites and its options which we can interact with through a web browser is known as Front-end Development. Front-end Development involves creating user interfaces, so that users can interact and see directly on a web application.
The challenging part in Front-end Development is the continues upgradation and introduction of its tools and its technologies which makes the developer upgrade every time as the technology come up with new releases.
What is Front-End Development?
Top Frontend Technologies
Front-end technologies provide the goal of attracting any type of software infrastructure. Back-end technologies might give smooth interaction with data, but if the view of the application or website does not attract users would hardly look twice at any websites, if there is no visual attraction to draw them in.
As per the research, within the next decade i.e., from 2019 to 2029, the growth for front-end developers is going to be huge in numbers. Keeping this in mind, one should pay attention to the front end technologies list in Java and front end technologies list in .net as well as the common front end web technologies list that can add success to one’s life in the software field. Some of the Best Front End Development Course can be found in the attached link. Also, here you will find the front end technologies list to watch out, these are the best front end technologies 2022. You can find the trending front end technologies which are most used with proper front end technologies examples are given also these are known as the widely spread front end technologies list of 2022
1. HTML5 Boilerplate
HTML5 Boilerplate is known as the most popular front-end template or most popular front end technologies. It helps you to build fast, adaptable and robust web applications.HTML5 Boilerplate offers a professional front-end template with a set of HTML5 ready features and its elements.
- It can be downloaded from HTML5 Boilerplate, which includes all of its documentations, explanations and folders. Also, there is customizable option, so you can choose the elements that you need.
- HTML5 Boilerplate provides huge set of documentations, this is going to be the best type of help for any technical person who might be looking for suggestions or answers. Almost everything is included in the doc folder, if you want to know on each topic refer to TOC.md file
- HTML5 Boilerplate template provides two types of CSS, they are: Noramlize.css and main.css.
- The normalized CSS helps the browsers to render the elements in a constituent way. In main.css, where all the custom code will be written, and you have to format your site with CSS.
2. React JS
If you are new to web technologies like React.js, you might have come with the thought that, why React is known as popular front end frameworks, why everyone should use it. You are in the correct place to clear up all your doubts.
- React is known as a remarkably flexible library. Once you understand the concepts of react, you can use it on a vast variety of application platforms to build the great quality of user interfaces. React is known as Library it is not a framework.
- React has Facebook’s support, as it is widely used in Facebook app, websites and in Instagram.
- The topmost contributors on GitHub are employees of Facebook. Also React.org provides a set of blogs which gives the detailed explanation of each topic of react JS.
- Another main reason for the popularity of Angular is the Front-end Development. To gain attraction we should have web and mobile applications in a very attractive manner, this can be done using angular JS. Company websites like PayPal, Netflix, Google, Virgin America and many more are built using Angular.
- Angular provides, databinding, MVC – Model View Controller design pattern, dependency injection and cross platform support.
- Also, Angular is very easy to learn and implement. Since it is an open-source framework the affordability of angular is cost free.
- Angular JS provides completely declarative UI expressions so, it can provide the structured and understandable components to manipulate.
4. Vue JS
- Vue JS is an open-source framework. As the core layer of the Vue JS is mainly focused on view part of the applications only.
- Vue JS is like Angular and React JS. The basic idea behind the development of Vue JS is to achieve the best results with minimal effort, so that users can code and build with few lines.
- Vue JS functions are readily accessible, and programmer can easily name the functions as per their requirements.
5. Next JS
- Next JS is a flexible framework of React, that gives you readymade building block to create faster web applications.
- Next JS handles the configurations and tooling which are needed for React and provides additional structure and optimization for your applications.
- No matter if you are an individual developer or a team player, you can handle React and Next JS to build highly scalable, dynamic interactive web applications.
- Next JS provides a framework to structure the application. Where a developer can only have to create a page and link to the component in the header, which avoids large lines of coding.
6. Gatsby JS
- Gatsby provides developers to build fast, secure and powerful websites using a React-based framework and innovative data layer that makes integrating different content, APIs and services into one web application incredibly simple.
- Gatsby is a free and open-source framework based on React that helps developers to build fast websites and apps also it allows to work with Data sources like CMS, Markdown etc.
- Gatsby can be mainly used for blog pages, ecommerce websites or any static sites that takes under 500 pages where there are no expectations for the dynamic contents.
- It attracts developers because of its static site generator and its great documentations.
7. React Native
- React native is an open-source software framework created by Meta platforms.
- The main purpose of React Native framework is to build applications for iOS, Android, Android TV, macOS, tvOS, web, windows and UWP by enabling the popular front end framework React frameworks along with native platforms.
- React native provides smooth and responsive interface with significantly less load time. Also, it is cheap and faster to build react native applications.
- It allows us to build cross-platform applications.
- It gives more freedom for integration of third-party API’s and applications which are designed for mobile use.
- Flutter is an open-source user interface development kit, which has been developed by Google.
- It is mainly used to develop cross platform applications for iOS, macOS, Linux, Android, Google Fuchsia, Windows and for web forms with single code base.
- It enables developer to build smooth cross platform mobile application developments.
- Flutter expands with huge library which makes it possible to build applications without writing large number of codes. Also, there are some several platforms that use Flutter to build application without writing any code.
- The main business values where flutter can guarantee are, easy testing and debugging, streamlined development speed, provides flexibility to share code between android and iOS also it is cross platform.
- Monorepo is known as the version controller of code repository that holds multiple projects. While these projects might be related or can run independently run on their own teams.
- It increases the visibility of the code, where the member from a completely different team can investigate your issue and resolve it. Also, it creates less dependency.
- It provides consistency, as it provides a single code base so maintaining coding standard and coding quality can be managed.
- Unified CI/CD pipeline can be managed for every project deployment
- Monorepo has been there for the past three decades, many open-source projects use Monorepo in their applications.
10. Micro frontends
- Micro frontends are the new patterns of web application frontends, where it is a combination of different technologies, built by different teams of independent applications.
- The most useful framework which can be used with Micro Frontends is Bit Framework. It gives the product a ready solution to build any Micro Frontend applications.
- Micro frontends are server-side compositions, where multiple different micro frontends are composed at server level before publishing into browser.
- Micro frontends are most useful when we are working on larger business domain projects with dozens of development team. So, it reduces the complexity by splitting the task into multiple subdomains and can be deployed each subdomain independently.
- To conclude micro frontends are all about slicing up the huge task and dependencies into smaller and manageable pieces.
11. Three JS
- Three JS can run GPU powered games and other graphics-powered apps straight from into the browser. The main advantage of Three JS is, it gives more inbuilt library and APIs for drawing 3D animation in the browser.
- Also, Three JS stands the 13th most popular framework category in United States.
- The abstraction of Three JS, helps to make the WebGL development more productive and easier to implement.
- If you know Three JS, it makes to understand the complex code of WebGL, which means you just need to be able to read someone’s WebGL code and should be able to understand what you read.
- Remix is knowns as a full stack web framework, which lets you focus mainly on user interface part of the applications to provide standard and fast delivery with resilient user experience. Also, you can find the relevant courses here - Best Full-Stack Developer Courses in 2023.
- Remix provides snappy page loads and also instant transition in the browser pages, by leveraging distributed systems and native browser features instead of static builds.
- It is built on Web Fetch API, and it can run anywhere.
- Remix allows you to build relational hierarchy of routes, in which each route is a separate file that can determine where its child hierarchies should be displayed.
13. Headless CMS
- Headless CMS or Headless Content Management System is a backend only content management system that acts primarily as a content management repository.
- In Headless CMS, the body or backend is decoupled or separated from the presentation layer. That means Headless CMS allows you to manage all the content in one place.
- Contentstack is a Headless CMS that offers RESTful APIs. Its features include asset management, workflow management content previews and versioning.
- Headless CMS acts as a backend platform that manages digital content. As it is detached from the frontend side, it gives more control over where and how their contents gets delivered to their users.
- Headless CMS are a good option to choose if your project is limited by front-end restrictions of a regular CMS.
- GraphQL was developed internally by Facebook in 2012 before its actual release in 2015. GraphQL is known as an open-source manipulation language for APIs and a runtime application for fulfilling existing data.
- GraphQL is neither the front-end technology nor the backend, it acts as a language spoken between two layers or to exchange information.
- GraphQL receives the request and sends back only the requested data in the form of JSON which includes key and values.
- GraphQL is a great technology if you want to work in a declarative approach because it enables you to choose only the required information.
- PWA uses design patterns and advanced technologies to deliver fast and reliable experience to users on both desktop and mobile applications.
- PWA can work on any platform irrespective of the operating systems.
- Some of the impressive Progressive web apps examples are Starbucks, BMW, Flipboard, Pinterest and many more have built PWA’s and received considerable increase in user management.
- A web application is considered as PWA if it satisfies the installation criteria, and which can be used offline like a home screen. Click here, to know more about the Web Development Course fees .
16. Design System
Image courtesy - triggergrowth.com
- Design systems are known as a complete set of standards intended to manage design at scale using reusable components.
- Design systems design defines buttons, text elements that are surely to be reused in the throughout design life.
- Before starting with Design systems, audit the existing pattern, define your design language, build a pattern library also document guidelines on how and when to use design elements.
- The design system consists of mainly three pillars, namely the UI or the Pattern library and the style guide.
- NPM downloads and stores modules in one place so that NODE can find and use them and manages dependency conflicts.
- NPM is mainly used to install, publish, discover and develop NODE programs.
- Also, to publish and install packages either to public registry or private NPM registry, you must have installed Node JS
- Ionic is a complete open-source software development kit for hybrid mobile application development which got introduced in 2013.
- Ionic applications are made of high-level building blocks called components, which provide the features to build and construct the UI faster for your apps. Also, it adds a number of components including cards, lists and tabs features.
- Developing a mobile application using Ionic is like a piece of cake, it is easy to develop mobile and web apps. We can make iOS apps, android apps and also, we application with same code.
- Companies like Southwest airlines, National Health service, Airbus Helicopter, Bobcat and many more uses ionic framework to build their applications.
- Also, mobile applications like Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Amazon Prime Video and many more are built using ionic framework.
Looking to learn Python programming? Discover the power of Python with our unique course. Unleash your coding potential today! Python programming course fees.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Technology Stack
Every top frontend framework has its own strength and weaknesses. Different organizations, different managers and product owners have their own opinion on any of the front-end technologies. You can also refer KnowledgeHut Best Frontend Development Course for best front-end technology courses with placement guarantee.
Although each technology has its own intensions. It mainly focuses on:
- Creating maintainable code that can be easy to understand, test, debug and deploy.
- Reusing the existing components of complex user interface applications.
- Have an idea of the backend technology which you will be using because without knowing about backend technology, we cannot proceed with frontend technology projects.
- Make sure about the size and complexity of the project.
- Focus on multiple factors at the same time.
- Understand technologies and its interdependence.
- Do research and join the community groups that share the information with respect to the technologies.
- Does technology add plus point to your future projects, what are the needs in your project? Does that technology provide scalability going forward?
There will always be a new technology which will be released every month or year with new upgrades or new versions. Considering all these factors it is always good to start with the technologies which are currently popular and widely used at that moment, because they provide vast offers.
Once you choose any technology, think about the requirements and analyze the available technologies in the market and make a note on how these can help you in your growth.