There are various certifications that professionals can earn to enhance their career growth. Project Management Professional Certification and the Six Sigma certification are two of the most popular certifications in this category. These certifications equip candidates with the necessary knowledge and skills to generate better business outcomes using different approaches. When unified, a PMP certification benefits Six Sigma certified professionals, while the value of a project manager enhances with a Six Sigma certification. Six Sigma professionals can easily identify problems and then use their PMP skills to develop a constructive solution for the same. This article will explain Six Sigma Green belt vs PMP in depth.
Six Sigma Green Belt vs PMP Certification
Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications have helped companies stand strong in the competitive world. Both certifications require competency in different areas. Attaining either certification will help employees stand strong within their company and make them the ultimate choice for leadership positions. Get to know more about green belt project ideas.
PMP Certification: PMP stands for Project Management Professional, and the certification for project management professional focuses on enhancing the competency of candidates in efficient project management. It helps aspiring candidates achieve the primary objective of ensuring timely delivery of projects to boost business growth. PMP-certified professionals are hired by organizations all over the world. These professionals stay focused on increasing the success rate of projects in all areas by using specific project management principles.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: Six Sigma Green Belt certification mainly focuses on recognizing and reducing defects in the business processes to a minimum. Six Sigma certification is designed to aid organizations in delivering better quality products and services to stay more competitive in the market. Candidates opting for Six Sigma certification can choose between different levels, including Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt. Check out how you can put your certification and skills on your green belt resume.
Six Sigma Green Belt vs PMP Certification: The Differences Between the Certifications
Comparing Six Sigma Green Belt vs PMP helps aspiring candidates to make the right choice. The comparison starts by understanding the differences, as given below.
Project Management Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
A certified PMP professional focuses on surging the success rate of the projects.
A Six Sigma certified professional focuses on detecting and eliminating defects within a specific process.
Project management focuses on completing a project within the given deadline.
Six Sigma professionals focus on the continuous improvement of business processes.
PMP professional uses structured practices to hand over a project that profitably meets a fixed goal.
A Six Sigma professional uses strategic decisions and statistics to recognize and crack a challenge.
PMP uses distinct project management norms and processes to strengthen the success rate of the projects.
Six Sigma uses data to understand the variations and reduce the resulting defects to upgrade the quality of the process.
Certified PMP professionals focus on how to plan and execute the project.
A certified Six Sigma professional aims to cut down wasted time and efforts for specific processes.
Similarities Between PMP and Six Sigma Green Certification
Having learned about the differences between the Six Sigma Green Belt vs PMP, it is time to look at the similarities.
- Professionals with Six Sigma and PMP Certifications both focus on improving processes. The two methodologies are interdependent and support one another. Many professionals hold both certifications due to their job requirements.
- Professionals with Six Sigma Green Belt certification can easily identify a problem and prepare an effective solution using their PMP skills.
- Both certified professional uses similar tools for boosting businesses directly or indirectly.
- Recruiting individuals with PMP and Six Sigma skills proves highly advantageous for an organization. As a result, both are entitled to higher-level positions.
- Both PMP and Six Sigma provide similar benefits to the organization by improving process performance using common methodologies.
- Both are in demand by employers globally and lead to a higher earning potential through expanding career opportunities.
How to Choose Between PMP Certification and LSS Green Belt Certification?
A Six Sigma online certification is essential for Individuals pursuing quality assurance roles in various industries that use Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification in down-the-line processes. The certifications provide better job opportunities in diverse industries across the globe. They equip the aspiring candidates with knowledge and skills that enable them to perform their job in a better way. Their earning potential increases with each level of LSS certification.
Choosing between certifications depends on the current role and the long-term career objectives of aspiring candidates. For example, for individuals aspiring to be project managers, the PMP certification immediately authenticates their competence and commitment to take up this role. In addition, a recent survey revealed that PMP certification holders earn 23% more than their peers lacking this qualification at many companies.
Become a project management expert with leading PRINCE2 training providers. Boost success through streamlined processes and effective teamwork.
How Can Professionals Benefit from Dual LSS Green Belt and PMP Certification?
The benefits of owning PMP certification and LSS certification include:
- It improves the hiring potential and acceptability for positions that require both accreditations.
- Having KnowledgeHut Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt certification and PMP certification proves advantageous for positions that require only one of these certifications.
- It expands the professional networking opportunities through membership in PMI and various quality organizations.
- It ensures career flexibility that enables professionals in process improvement or project management to move their careers forward in any direction.
- It adds greater value to an organization by having professionals with expertise in both disciplines and even training others in either methodologies.
Employing individuals with both Six Sigma Green Belt and project management certification proves highly advantageous for any organization. Having both certifications help professionals to become qualified for higher-level positions while working directly to achieve business goals. Aspiring candidates should consider the above-mentioned factors while investing their time and money to choose the best option.