Through the internet, we can access all the information that is provided on the World Wide Web. Now, this is something that is both, an advantage and a drawback of the Web. We all are aware of the good side of the internet. But many of us are still oblivious to the bad side of the Internet. Every year, millions of cyberattacks take place, and billions of dollars are spent to prevent them and on reversing the damage, they have done. To be well prepared for such situations, companies go for CISSP certifications. CISSP certifications involve the basic principles of cyber security like physical security and digital safeguarding. Today, we will talk about the CISSP certification in-depth and get to know is CISSP worth it?
What is the CISSP? - A Brief Intro to the Exam
CISSP stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional. It is an advanced cyber security certification that is issued by a non-profit International Information System Security Certification Consortium, which is also known as (ISC)². The ISC2 certifications are an indication that an organization is following the best cyber security practices. The CISSP certification is provided to professionals to help various organizations safeguard their online presence and activities. The CISSP certification is something that recruiters look for before hiring any cyber security professional. The CISSP certification is provided after a candidate clears the CISSP examination. Other than classroom knowledge, many factors are also tested in the CISSP examination. It tests your ability to manage security and risk, design security architectures, provides network security, assesses security postures, and tests vulnerabilities. To excel in the CISSP examination, it is advised to take CISSP training and actively solve the CISSP practice exam. The CISSP training programs is the best fit for the CISSP exam preparation.
Is the CISSP Worth It?
When we talk about CISSP certification, a common question that arises in everyone's mind is whether CISSP is worth it or not. Getting a CISSP certification is not just proof of being a reasonable cyber security professional or being able to implement cyber security principles in any project, it means that you have dedicated yourself to being the best digital security personnel who is ready to safeguard the online presence of anyone who comes to you. So CISSP is certainly worth it. To support this opinion, even more, the following reasons are presented in front of you. Hopefully, these reasons will also help you to understand why CISSP is so significant. Not sure? Here is a comparision blog on CASP vs CISSP.
Benefits for Directors of Security or IT Directors/Managers
Upskilling is something that people think is only for the newbies, but it is just a myth. Upskilling is for anyone and everyone. People who are at vertically higher positions gain more benefits from upskilling rather than the freshers. For directors or managers, having a CISSP certification is extremely profitable. When someone in such a high position is willing to learn something new, it shows his/ her willingness to work for the betterment of the organisation. Other than the moral benefits, a CISSP certification helps in the holistic growth of technical knowledge of an individual as well. For a person in such a high position, it brings knowledge that can help in business strategy, execution, and planning.
Benefits for Network Architects or Security Architects
The work of network and security architecture personnel involves planning, maintaining and executing security and network systems. Network and security architects can benefit from a CISSP certification by getting rid of vulnerabilities and strengthening the security of the system. The knowledge we gain by studying for the CISSP examination has a direct implementation in the work of a network and a security architect. CISSP – ISSEP is one more certification to look out for.
Benefits for a Security Administrator
The work of a security administrator involves the identification and authentication of services, devices, people, and systems. In the authentication part, earning a CISSP certification helps a lot. It increases your knowledge about the security system and improves your credibility as well. CISSP is worth it when we want to conduct security control or testing.
Who Should Take the CISSP?
The CISSP certification is very broad in itself. CISSP is one of the 8 certifications issued by (ISC)². The CISSP certification applies to many disciplines of cyber security. The CISSP certification acts as an enhancing parameter. So the CISSP certification is practically open to anyone who is in the IT field. It is especially beneficial for people who are in the field of cyber security. And with the changing times, many cyber security professionals are pursuing it actively. If you are looking for top cyber security courses, you should check out this course by Knowledgehut.
Reasons You Should Go for CISSP Certification
We are now aware of the significance that the CISSP certification holds, it is one of the most esteemed certifications in the field of cyber security. You should go for a CISSP certification for the following reasons.
- Increase in earning: People with CISSP certifications are one of the most sought after professionals in the industry. Recruiters are happy to give people with CISSP special raises in their salaries as well. On average a CISSP certification holder earns about $131,030 annually. If a person completes their CISSP certification course in the midterm of their career, they can ask for a raise at any time.
- Career growth: The demand and value of a person who has a CISSP certification are higher than that of a person without a certification. Due to this, the people with CISSP certification have promising career growth. And according to (ISC)² workforce force study, it was found that there was a shortage of workforce with a CISSP certification. According to the reports, there is a shortage of over 2.9 million working professionals. It shows that this is the perfect time for anyone to start a career with a CISSP certification.
- Ahead of peers: A CISSP certification is arduous to acquire. Many people are still completely unaware of its existence. If you are someone who has a CISSP certification, you are an edge above your peers. Recruiters will choose people with CISSP certification over anyone else at any time of the day. Along with that, the knowledge that comes with this examination is unparallel. So having a CISSP certification makes you ahead of your peers both in academic and co-curricular aspects.
- Better knowledge and understanding: The course of CISSP certification is designed in such a way that it covers the fundamentals of cyber security and other related fields. This knowledge is something that cannot be learnt, one needs to understand the concepts to grasp it.
- Experience: CISSP certification does not come to you easily, other than clearing the examination, one needs to clear the CISSP assessment as well. Also, you need to get authorization from a current CISSP certification holder who can verify your work and good character. To complete the CISSP certification course the candidates appearing for it need to show four years of equivalent work. And at last, CISSP examination candidates are required to complete any educational program above 120 credits over three years to maintain the CISSP certification. All these things are taught and informed during CISSP training programs, if you are looking for something similar, you should try Knowledgehut’s CISSP training program.
- Best in the field: Having a CISSP certificate is an indication of hard work and knowledge. It is not easy to get a CISSP certificate. Possessing a CISSP certification is a product of consistent hard work. CISSP certification is one of the few certifications that meet the strict standards of ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024. It is furthermore required for many government programs like the Australian Government Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP). So possessing something that has such value in the industry, automatically makes you the best in the field.
- Membership: It is lesser-known information that once someone has a CISSP certification, they get an added benefit of getting a membership in (ISC)². The (ISC)² organisation is one of the largest non-profit organisations for cyber security professionals in the world. It has more than 140,000 professionals and the community is growing with every passing day.
The CISSP certification is extremely valuable, it provides the required knowledge and experience to cyber security professionals that they can implement in their work life. The added benefits that you get from a CISSP certification are unparallel. The CISSP certification has opened many new doors of opportunities for cyber security professionals and accelerated their growth tremendously.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is CISSP in high demand?
Yes, the CISSP certification is very much in demand. There is a global shortage of people who possess a CISSP certification and recruiters are actively looking for people with the CISSP certification, who can provide them with the cyber security benefits for their organisation.
2. How much does CISSP add to salary?
A CISSP certification adds reasonably to your salary. People with CISSP certification get paid more than the people who do not have it. And if someone gets it mid-way through their job, they get an instant raise. On average, a working professional with a CISSP certification earns more than $131,00 manually.
3. Can you get a job with CISSP?
Yes, having a CISSP certification with any valid degree will help you land a job very effortlessly. Having a CISSP certification is a massive thing in itself, people in human resources actively look for professionals with a CISSP certification.