Popularity And Versions
- Angular 2.0 - released on September 14, 2016
- Angular 4.0 - released on March 23, 2017
- Angular 5.0 - released on November 1, 2017
- Angular 6.0 - released on May 4, 2018
- Angular 7.0 - released on October 18, 2018
- Angular 8.0 - released on May 28, 2019.
There have been talks of future releases fuelled by the expected release of Ivy, an entirely new engine that is backward compatible and is based on the incremental DOM architecture. Engineered considering tree shaking, the application bundles will only include the parts of Angular source code that is actually used by the application.
Get to know more about angular cli.
Career and Salary as an Angular developer
By learning Angular, you will get a comprehensive knowledge of Angular development and be able to pursue your career as a Front-End Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, etc. You will get all the proper skills, exposure, a hands-on approach and moreover, be able to concentrate in particular areas of development.
Payscale reports state that on average, an Entry-Level Front End Developer earns US$65,661 per year with the highest figure being US$96,392 with the experienced Front End Developers earning an average of US$86,502 and earning as high as US$127,102 per year.
An Entry-Level Software Developer earns an average of U$65,995 per year going as high as US$93,853. The experienced ones earn an average of US$89,756 every year, the highest earnings going up to US$123,445.
The Software Engineers enter the frame too and earn quite well when compared to Front End Developers and Software Developers. Every year, Entry-Level Software Engineers get paid $78,958 on an average with the highest salary going as high as $117,107 while the Experienced Software Engineers earn a whopping US$101,022 on an average and as high as $144,090 per annum.
|Job Roles with Angular skills
|Entry-Level Experience salary in US$/year
|Experienced salary in US$/year
|Front End Developer
You will be able to work with various companies working on Angular. Being an Angular equipped Software Developer is such a prolific, growing, and interesting career option because of Angular being so popular amongst the major software companies with the future looking very bright indeed.
The major companies hiring Angular Developers are as follows:
- Google, Inc.
- International BusinessMachines (IBM) Corp.
- Microsoft Corp
- Intel Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
The most fascinating thing to hear is all of the above organisations do not only hire the experienced Angular Developers but the entry-level ones as well, thus providing a lot of scope for progressive growth at the beginning of the career.
Now, the benefits. The angular framework is popular for various reasons, and there are numerous benefits of learning Angular for both the developers and employers. Its framework is improved and more simplified, making software development easier and a popular choice for the major companies. Here are the various benefits of using Angular.
A solid understanding of the Angular framework helps you in the following manner:
- Reduced coding: Angular 7, one of the latest versions of the Angular framework, supports Model View Controller (MVC) Developers which helps in writing shortcodes reducing time and effort
- Angular Edge: Upskilled with Angular, developers can now stand up against the rising demands for Angular framework in the software industry giving them an edge over others in finding high-paying jobs
- Multiple Job Roles: Developers skilled in Angular can work in multiple job roles like Front-End Developer, Software Developer, Software Architect, etc
- Create with Ease: Create your own customizable, full-featured production applications using the flexible and reliable interface of the Angular framework.
The top organisations use the Angular 7 technology and here are the reasons why:
- Angular supports Single Page Applications (SPAs): Angular supports the development of SPAs which present better user experience as it reduces the wait time for reloading of the full webpage significantly
- Two-way data binding: The ngModel directive is used to implement two-way data binding in Angular 2.x. Two-way data binding helps automatic retrievals from and updates to the data store, with the UI updating instantly along with the data store
- Angular is modular: Angular simplifies functionality by organising and separating the codes into modules
- Google Long-Term Support: Angular comes with Google Supported Community with additional support from IntelliJ IDEA and Visual Studio .NET IDEs
- Open-source: It is a TypeScript-based open-source web application framework
- Clearer and Readable Code: Angular facilitates clearer readability of the code and maintains consistency
- Declarative Language: Angular uses a declarative language, HTML to define the view part of an application
- Easy integration: Angular offers easy and seamless integration into prebuilt into multiple frameworks such as Ionic, Wijmo, and Telerik’s Kendo UI.
What we discussed in this article was just the tip of the iceberg. However, we have come across various reasons, benefits and outcomes of deciding to learn Angular, the Future of Enterprise-Scale Web Applications.