The importance of business analyst is growing fast for over the past couple of years; today, having the competitive business analysts has become imperative to complete the projects successfully. With increasing competition, the role of business analyst has become specialized. A business analyst owns the responsibility to transform the company’s operations to profitable projects completion by extending full throttle support to the concerned team. The major factors contributing to the growing importance of business analyst are:
- Failure rate of IT projects
- A business analyst bridges the gap between different business units and it departments
- Outsourcing has become a necessity; and, the business analyst keeps the balance in values
- Projects are getting more and more complex
- The special skills of business analyst help the organizations adopt new technologies
- The business analyst plays critical role in budget allocation
Options to Become a Certified Business Analyst:
Having a globally recognized business analysis certification helps you boost up your career in almost any business sector. As the big data and business intelligence are getting wide-scale importance in project management, the global demand for business analysts is also increasing. According to a report released by Mc Kinsey Global Institute, the demand for business analysts only in the United States could be 50% - 60% higher than the projected supply by 2018. The shortage of business analysts, as projected by numbers of different reports, gives you an opportunity to become a certified business analyst with bright growth prospects. A number of knowledge training companies in India offer a variety of value-added courses. The more in-demand business analysis certification courses, issued by IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis) are –
ECBA - Entry certificate in business analysis
CCBA - Certification for competency in business analysis
CBAP - Certified business analysis professional (CBAP)
Which One Should You Choose? A Comparison:
- ECBA is the starting line to plan your career in business analysis. The qualification reflects the knowledge of advanced BA concepts & techniques that help you manage the project successfully.
- CCBA, the level-2 certification, is suitable for the experienced business analysis practitioners with 3,750 hours experience. The experience doesn’t need you to hold the designation of ‘Business Analyst’ essentially, but your experience should be BABOK® v3.0 Guide oriented.
- CBAP, the level-3 certification, is suitable for the business analysts with extensive 7,500 hours experience but willing to improve their expertise.
Tabulated Overview of ECBA, CCBA and CBAP courses:
To have ECBA, CCBA or CBAP qualification, you need intense knowledge of topics besides the adequate experience; here comes the role of knowledge training companies that offer instructor-led certification training to virtual classroom batches to help you pass the written test in 1st attempt.