Six Sigma is a quality control methodology that focuses on reducing waste and increasing efficiency. It was first applied by Motorola in the 1980s to implement quality control in its manufacturing process. The term Six Sigma refers to the statistical measure which defines errors from any process as having 3.4 defects per million opportunities.
Six Sigma certification programs are used widely by professionals across the world to help them implement Six Sigma principles in their organizations. Having a Six Sigma certification makes you an expert in the quality domain. Organizations place high value on these certifications and look for these credentials while hiring their employees.
In this article, I've put together a list of the top 8 Six Sigma certifications that can lead to rewarding opportunities in 2024. Additionally, the article covers essential information about the prominent providers of Six Sigma certifications and highlights the certifications that can truly make you an expert in the field of quality management.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of quality principles used by organizations to improve efficiency. It is a process improvement methodology used widely across industries to improve quality and efficiency. It helps organizations identify and eliminate defects, reduce waste, and achieve better accuracy. The Six Sigma approach is based on data-driven decision-making and follows a structured methodology called DMAIC.
Six Sigma is a quality control methodology that has four stages. Define, Measure, Analyze, Implement, and Control (DMAIC). These five steps are the foundation of the Six Sigma principles. The objective of applying Six Sigma in any process is to reduce defects or wastage and improve efficiency or accuracy. For example, if a customer care team should spend 8 minutes on average per call but is spending 10 minutes per call on an average, the productivity and quality of calls of the agents may deteriorate. In such cases, the Six Sigma quality process can be applied to see why the agents are taking 10 minutes per call and what measures can be taken to reduce the time per call and improve the quality of the calls.
What are Six Sigma Certifications?
Six Sigma certifications are professional credentials that validate your knowledge and expertise in the Six Sigma principles and methodologies. A few of the top Six Sigma certification providers are Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC), the American Society for Quality (ASQ), and International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC).
Six Sigma certifications should be an integral part of your credentials as a quality professional. These certifications will give you the required expertise and skills to implement six sigma principles in the various departments of your organization. Employers always look for Six Sigma certified candidates for their quality improvement initiatives. You can take up any of the certifications like the Yellow belt, Green belt, Black belt, or Master Black belt certification course depending on your skill levels and experience. There are various certification training providers which offer top-rated Six Sigma certification programs. One such online training platform is KnowledgeHut which provides Green Belt Six Sigma certification training.
Importance of Six Sigma Certifications for Professionals and Companies
Six Sigma certifications pave the way for expanded career prospects and honed expertise in process optimization and quality management, highlighting your dedication to excellence and adept problem-solving. Let us delve into the importance of these certifications below.
- Six Sigma certifications equip you with the right skill set to solve problems effectively. The structured DMAIC process in the Six Sigma methodology will help you take on challenging quality projects and implement the right solutions.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certifications equip you to lead teams in streamlining processes and reducing costs in your organization. Various online training providers like KnowledgeHut provide training for Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Organizations can reduce defects and save millions of dollars by implementing the right Six Sigma tools and techniques in their departments.
- Since Six Sigma can be integrated with emerging technologies, a lot of transformative changes can be brought to organizations. These transformations can change the way teams function, which in turn can improve team quality and performance.
- Process Automation is one of the valuable tools of Six Sigma. By automating processes, a lot of manual errors can be reduced.
Best Six Sigma Certifications in 2024
1. Certified Six Sigma White Belt (CSSWB)
a. Overview of the White Belt Certification: The Six Sigma White Belt certification serves as the foundational credential within the Six Sigma methodology. Beyond acquiring knowledge of processes and data analysis, this certification emphasizes the development of problem-solving skills.
b. Required Skills and Prerequisites: The CSSWB certification is accessible to anyone interested in acquainting themselves with Six Sigma concepts. This certification doesn't require any specific skills or prerequisites.
c. Exam Details: Since this is the basic certification level, the Six Sigma White Belt exam is simple and straightforward. It is designed to be completed within a short period, usually ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
d. Cost: You don't have to pay anything for the White Belt certification in Six Sigma. It's a basic-level certification, and you can get it for free through CSSC. The ASQ and IASSC don't offer an official White Belt certification.
e. Time Commitment: Preparing for the CSSWB certification exam doesn't take long. Typically, candidates spend from a day to a week going over the course material.
f. Impact on Career and Salary Prospects: While the CSSWB certification itself may not directly influence career growth or salary it does serve as an introduction to Six Sigma principles. It can enhance your understanding of process improvement, which can be valuable in industries.
The average salary of a CSSWB professional can range anywhere between $45,000 USD to $75,000 USD depending on your job role, experience, industry, etc.
- Introducing the principles and terminologies of Six Sigma.
- Requires a minimal time commitment for preparation.
- Serves as a starting point for anyone interested in learning about Six Sigma.
- Offers fewer chances for career progression in comparison to more advanced certifications.
- It might not significantly affect your salary.
2. Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB) Overview
a. Overview of the Yellow Belt Certification/Why We Choose It: The Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB) is the second level in the Six Sigma certifications. It is an added advantage if you complete the White Belt Certification or have a foundational understanding of Six Sigma principles, if you are considering the Yellow Belt Certification. This helps you in the next step of your Six Sigma journey. As a Yellow Belt professional, you actively participate in process improvement projects, impacting optimization and efficiency. You can get trained on the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification through KnowledgeHut, an ed-tech platform that offers the best Six Sigma training programs.
b. Skills and prerequisites required for CSSYB certification: I highly recommend that you complete the CSSWB certification or have a foundational understanding of Six Sigma principles, if you're considering pursuing the Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB) certification. This helps you in the next step of your Six Sigma journey.
c. Exam details: The CSSYB certification exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions, evaluating candidates' knowledge of Six Sigma fundamentals and their ability to apply them in practical scenarios.
d. Cost: The Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification cost through ASQ is $394 for non-members and $294 for members. Applicants can retake the exam through the ASQ for $184. Taking the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification through the IASSC will cost $195 and $99 through the CSSC.
e. Time Commitment: Preparing for the CSSYB certification will require dedication and effort, usually involving around three weeks of study and preparation.
f. Career opportunities and Salary impact: Earning the CSSYB certification will boost your resume and demonstrate your commitment to continuous improvement and process optimization. It opens doors to various career opportunities, such as process improvement analyst, quality assurance specialist, among others. Although it can depend on their location, experience and employer, professionals with a Six Sigma yellow belt may earn between $70,000 and $80,000 per year.
- The Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification is an entry-level certification. It provides a basic understanding of Six Sigma principles and terminology.
- The certification helps you develop the skills and knowledge you need to contribute to Six Sigma projects.
- This certification can make you more marketable to employers.
- The Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB) may not lead to immediate significant career advancement on its own.
- It may not cover the depth of topics and tools explored in higher-level certifications like Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Since yellow belt certification provides only a basic understanding of Six Sigma, it may not lead to immediate significant career advancement on its own.
- Since the certification requires some preparation, it may not be suitable for everyone.
Obtaining the CSSYB certification requires a more substantial commitment in terms of both time and money compared to the CSSWB certification. As a result, it plays a vital role as a significant milestone for propelling your career forward.
3. Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB):
a. Overview of the Green Belt Certification/Why We Choose It: The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt certification is the intermediate level of the Six Sigma certifications offered by the Six Sigma Institute. In the Green Belt certification, your knowledge of the DMAIC methodology is tested. Your knowledge of the various data analysis skills used for six sigma projects will also be gauged.
b. Skills and prerequisites required for CSSGB certification: The CSSGB certification requires
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a quality-related role.
- Basic knowledge of Six Sigma principles is essential before you take the Green Belt certification. Having a White Belt or Yellow Belt certification is an added advantage.
- A Green Belt mainly analyses data and works on finding solutions to problems. Having strong analytical skills and the ability to approach challenges systematically will be invaluable in your role.
c. Exam Details: The CSSGB certification exam typically consists of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed in a duration of 2 hours. It is an online test that can be taken from anywhere. The exam assesses candidates' knowledge of Six Sigma tools, the DMAIC process, statistical analysis, and their ability to apply these concepts to real-world scenarios. The passing score for the CSSGB certification is 60%.
d. Cost: The cost of the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt certification varies depending on the organization that offers the certification. The Six Sigma Green Belt certification cost by ASQ is $438 for non-members and $338 for members, with a retake fee of $238. The certification cost through the IASSC is $295. The cost of the certification also includes access to the training materials, such as the ASQ's Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
e. Time Commitment: The time commitment required to prepare for the CSSGB certification exam depends on the individual's prior knowledge and experience. Generally, candidates spend two to seven weeks studying and completing training programs to be adequately prepared for the exam.
f. Career Opportunities and Salary Impact: Organizations that value quality are always on the lookout for Six Sigma-certified professionals. You could be a Process Improvement Specialist or a Quality Analyst with a Green Belt certification. Having a Green Belt certification puts you at an advantage in terms of job prospects. The average salary of Six Sigma Green Belt varies from $60,000 to $85,000 USD depending on the industry, your experience, and the job role.
- Empowers professionals to lead process improvement projects and contribute to organizational success.
- Enhances problem-solving and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Opens opportunities for career advancement and increases earning potential.
- May not be as comprehensive as the Black Belt certification, limiting the scope of certain advanced projects.
- Success in the role may depend on the organization's dedication to implementing Six Sigma methodologies.
4. Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) Certification
a. Overview of the Black Belt Certification/Why we choose it: The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) certification is a prestigious designation that signifies a high level of expertise in the Six Sigma methodology. It is aimed at professionals who are experienced in process improvement and possess the skills to lead and execute complex Six Sigma projects. As a Black Belt, you will be equipped with the tools and knowledge to drive significant improvements and deliver measurable results within your organization.
b. Skills and Prerequisites Required for CSSBB certification: To pursue the CSSBB certification, you should have a solid understanding of the Six Sigma principles and methodologies, as well as practical experience in leading process improvement projects. While there are no specific prerequisites, having prior experience as a Green Belt or relevant work experience can be beneficial.
c. Exam Details: The CSSBB certification exam evaluates your proficiency in Six Sigma tools, methodologies, and statistical analysis. It typically consists of 150 to 200 multiple-choice questions and is designed to assess your ability to apply Six Sigma concepts to real-world scenarios.
d. Cost: The cost for the Certified Six Sigma Black Belt is $438 for its members and $538 for non–members. The retake fee is $338. The Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC) offers three different levels of Black Belt certification. The basic level costs $229, while Black Belt Level 2 and Black Belt Level 3 cost an additional $300 each. The IASSC offers the Six Sigma Black Belt certification for $395, with no prerequisites required to take the exam.
e. Time Commitment: Preparing for the CSSBB certification requires a good amount of time commitment, typically ranging from 3 to 6 months. It involves comprehensive study, hands-on project work, and practical application of Six Sigma principles.
f. Career Opportunities and Salary Impact: The CSSBB certification can open doors to a wide range of career opportunities, including Process Improvement Manager, Quality Control Manager, and Business Process Improvement Consultant. With this certification, you can often expect higher salary potential due to your expertise in driving process excellence. The average salary of Six Sigma Black Belt varies from $80,000 to $95,000 USD depending on the industry and job role.
- Demonstrates expertise in Six Sigma and process improvement.
- Provides opportunities for career advancement and leadership roles.
- Boosts earning potential and professional recognition.
- Requires a substantial amount of time and financial investment.
- Demands practical experience in leading Six Sigma projects.
- The exam can be challenging and rigorous.
5. Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (CSSMBB) Certification
a. Overview of the Master Black Belt Certification/Why we choose it: The Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (CSSMBB) certification is the highest level of expertise in the Six Sigma methodology. It is designed for experienced professionals who have a deep understanding of advanced Six Sigma tools, methodologies, and statistical analysis. As a Master Black Belt, you will be the go-to person for driving continuous improvement, mentoring Black Belts and Green Belts, and implementing strategic initiatives.
b. Skills and Prerequisites Required: To pursue the CSSMBB certification, you must typically hold a Black Belt or equivalent certification, have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Six Sigma and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role and demonstrate a strong track record of successful project implementations.
c. Exam Details: The ASQ Master Black Belt exam covers 110 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the exam is 5 hours. To receive the certification, you should score 550 points out of a possible 750. The Exam consists of multiple-choice and true/false questions from the major sections of ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge.
The CSSC Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification exam consists of 150 questions. It is an open-book examination, and you will have 4 hours to complete the exam. The exam consists of multiple-choice and true/false questions from the major sections of CSSC Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge. You are required to achieve a 90% score to get the certification.
d. Cost: The cost of the CSSMBB certification also varies depending on the organization offering the certification. ASQ offers the certification at a cost of $2,124 for members and $2,229 for non-members. The cost of taking the certification from CSSC is $665 USD. The cost also includes the project review fee.
e. Time Commitment: Preparing for the CSSMBB certification requires a significant time commitment. You should be prepared to invest six to nine months to study and master the practical application of advanced concepts.
f. Career Opportunities and Salary Impact: The CSSMBB certification opens exceptional career opportunities. As a Master Black Belt, you will take on senior leadership roles, like Director of Six Sigma, Senior Business Improvement Specialist, or lead large-scale organizational transformations. With this certification, you can command higher salaries due to your specialized skills and expertise. A Master Black Belt usually gets a salary of S100,000 to $120,000 USD based on the job role, experience, and industry.
- Distinguishes you as a top-level expert in Six Sigma.
- Enables you to drive strategic initiatives and lead organizational change.
- Expands your career opportunities and earning potential.
- Requires significant time and effort to attain.
- Higher cost compared to lower-level certifications.
- Demands a strong track record of project leadership and success.
6. Certified Six Sigma Champion (CSSC) Certification
a. Overview of the Certified Six Sigma Champion (CSSC) certification Program/Why we choose it: The Certified Six Sigma Champion (CSSC) certification is offered by the International Six Sigma Institute. It is designed for individuals who lead six sigma teams and support the implementation of Six Sigma initiatives within their organizations. As a CSSC-certified professional, you will serve as a strategic leader, guiding and championing Six Sigma projects, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, and driving positive change throughout the organization.
b. Skills and Prerequisites Required: To pursue the CSSC certification, you should possess a strong understanding of Six Sigma principles and methodologies. You should have a minimum of five years of work experience, a passion for process improvement, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to influence and inspire others.
c. Exam Details: The CSSC certification is an online test that you can take anywhere and anytime you want. The exam has 50 multiple-choice questions which have to be answered in a duration of 1 hour. You must score a minimum of 60% to receive the certification.
d. Cost: The cost of the CSSC certification is $149 USD which includes training materials and exam fees.
e. Time Commitment: The time commitment required to obtain the CSSC certification can vary based on individual circumstances and the organization's specific requirements. The time to complete the certification can vary anywhere between 10 to 12 months. It may involve participating in the best Six Sigma programs, workshops, and practical application of Six Sigma principles in real-world projects.
f. Career Opportunities and Salary Impact: Earning the CSSC certification enhances your standing as a leader and an agent of change within your organization. It opens opportunities for career advancement and broader responsibilities in process improvement and quality management roles. The estimated total pay for a Lean Six Sigma Champion is $103,938 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $87,665 per year.
- Provides a platform to lead and drive positive change within the organization.
- Positions you as a strategic leader and advocate for Six Sigma methodologies.
- Enhances your professional profile and increases your value within the organization.
- The CSSC certification is focused on organizational leadership and may not be as applicable to individual career paths outside of a champion role.
- The certification's impact may be dependent on the organization's commitment to Six Sigma initiatives and the overall culture of continuous improvement.
7. Certified Six Sigma Trainer™ (CSSTRA™) Certification Program
a. Overview of the Certified Six Sigma Trainer (CSSTRA™) certification Program/Why we choose it: The Certified Six Sigma Trainer™ (CSSTRA™) certification program is designed for professionals by the International Six Sigma Institute who aim to become skilled trainers in the Six Sigma field. As a CSSTRA™ Certified Trainer, you will play an important role in educating and empowering others with valuable Six Sigma principles and tools.
b. Skills and prerequisites required for CSSTRA certification: To achieve CSSTRA™ certification, you must have the following skills and prerequisites:
- Thorough understanding of Six Sigma concepts and methodologies.
- Practical experience of 3 years in Six Sigma projects.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in training.
c. Exam Details: The CSSTRA™ certification exam is a multiple-choice 50 questions online test that evaluates candidates' proficiency in training techniques, instructional design, and Six Sigma content. The duration to complete the test is 1 hour and you must achieve a 60% score to receive the certification.
d. Cost: The cost of the CSSTRA™ certification is $199 USD. This includes the exam fee, access to the training materials, and a one-year subscription to the International Six Sigma Institute’s online learning platform.
e. Time Commitment: The time commitment required to complete the CSSTRA™ certification program can vary depending on the depth of the training and the individual's pace of learning. Typically, candidates can expect to dedicate several weeks to a few months for preparation and study.
f. Career Opportunities and Salary Impact: Earning the CSSTRA™ certification opens doors to various career opportunities as a certified Six Sigma trainer, instructor, or consultant. The salary can range from $60,000 USD to $100,000 USD.
- Allows you to share your expertise and make a positive impact by training others in Six Sigma.
- Enhances your professional credibility and opens global training opportunities.
- Provides a rewarding career path in educating and guiding individuals and teams.
- Requires a strong understanding of Six Sigma concepts and practical experience in process improvement.
- The certification program may have associated costs, such as training materials and exam fees.
- The role of a trainer demands effective communication and presentation skills.
8. Certified Six Sigma Coach™ (CSSCOA™) Certification Program
a. Overview of the Certified Six Sigma Coach Certification Program/Why we choose it: The CSSCOA™ Certification Program offered by the International Six Sigma Institute is designed to offer professionals the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel as Six Sigma trainers. By undertaking this certification, you can enhance your capabilities as a trainer and equip yourself to deliver impactful Six Sigma training sessions.
b. Skills and prerequisites required for CSSCOA™ Certification: To achieve the Certified Six Sigma Coach (CSSCOA) certification.
- You must have a strong grasp of the Six Sigma methodology, including the DMAIC process, data analysis, and problem-solving techniques.
- As a trainer, you will need to effectively communicate complex concepts and provide constructive feedback to your trainees.
- CSSCOA certification requires the ability to train others to implement Six Sigma.
- As a coach, you will be guiding others in their problem-solving efforts, so proficiency in this area is essential.
To pursue the CSSCOA certification, you need to meet specific prerequisites:
- A related bachelor's degree is mandatory.
- You need a minimum of three years of practical Six Sigma experience, gained from leading projects, teaching, consulting, or implementing Six Sigma within an organization.
c. Exam details: To become certified, individuals must pass a 50-question multiple-choice exam. The exam is open-book, and individuals have 60 minutes to complete it. The pass rate for the exam is 60%.
d. Cost: The cost of the CSSCOA certification is $199. This includes the exam fee, access to the training materials, and a one-year subscription to the International Six Sigma Institute’s online learning platform.
e. Time Commitment: The time commitment for preparation typically spans between six to twelve months, but it may differ for each individual.
f. Career opportunities and Salary impact: Obtaining the CSSCOA certification can unlock exciting career opportunities like Six Sigma Manager, Six Sigma Consultant, Quality Assurance Manager, etc., often leading to higher salary prospects. This certification helps enhance your expertise and sets you apart in the job market. Salaries vary from the range of $70,000 USD to $120, 000 USD depending on your experience, skill sets, and industry.
- Enhances skills and knowledge in Six Sigma.
- Paves the way for career advancement in various fields.
- Potential for increased earning potential.
- Requires significant time and financial commitment.
- Does not guarantee immediate job offers or promotions.
- Requires recertification every 3 years.
How to Choose the Right Six Sigma Certification for You?
Several factors need to be kept in mind to help you choose the right Six Sigma certification. Here are some tips on how to choose the right Six Sigma certification for you:
- Determining your career goals will help you choose the Six Sigma certification level best suited for your career goals.
- Research each certification provider to understand the differences between their certifications and decide the best six sigma certification program that aligns with your needs.
- There are different types of Six Sigma certifications available at different levels including yellow belt, green belt, and black belt. Each level represents a different level of expertise and responsibility. Determine which level is appropriate for your current skill level and career goals.
- Each certification provider has different requirements for obtaining Six Sigma certification. Research the requirements of each certification level and provider to ensure you find training programs that meet the necessary criteria, teaching style and schedule that matches yours.
- Check course content, instructor experience, and training delivery methods. You could choose classroom-based training or online Six Sigma certification courses.
Reputable Certifying Bodies for Top Six Sigma Certifications
1. ASQ (American Society for Quality)
American Society for Quality is a well-known organization that offers six sigma quality certifications worldwide. It is also known as ASQ. ASQ certifications demonstrate an individual’s knowledge and skills in quality management. Various quality management disciplines, such as quality engineers, quality auditors, and Six Sigma professionals are offered by ASQ. Their instructors are industry subject matter experts with extensive real-world and teaching experience. It promotes the culture of quality across industries. Certifications offered by ASQ are globally recognized and these certifications help professionals advance their careers. You are in a better position to demand a better salary package with an ASQ certification.
2. IASSC (International Association for Six Sigma Certification)
The International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) is an independent certification association that offers top Lean Six Sigma certification programs. They offer globally recognized certifications for Black Belts, Green Belts, and Yellow Belts. IASSC validates the knowledge and skills of professionals who have received training from other sources. They do not provide training themselves but are trusted by leading companies, universities, and government agencies for Lean Six Sigma credentials. As per my experience, if you are looking to establish yourself as a Lean Six Sigma professional, pursuing IASSC credentials can be a significant step.
3. Universities like Villanova and more.
Villanova University offers the best Lean Six Sigma certification programs along with Six Sigma certifications. Their certifications include the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and the Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. All the Six Sigma certifications are accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC). Villanova also offers live virtual classes, on-demand resources, and career support to all its students.
Resources and Study Materials for Six Sigma Certifications
1. Online Courses and Training Providers
Six sigma courses are available online as well as are offered by offline training organizations. Online learning platforms offer you the flexibility and accessibility to course content, trainers for doubt clarifications, mentoring etc. any-time and any place of your choice.
Online learning platforms like KnowledgeHut offer self-learn and instructor-led programs, covering all aspects of various Six Sigma methodologies. These programs are taught by domain experts covering various aspects through recorded video lessons as well as live online sessions with the instructors.
You can learn with examples in theory and practice real-world applications through hands-on projects, practice tests etc. along with 24/7 support and mentoring from your instructors to deepen your understanding of concepts and help you get your certification.
But to choose the course which suits your requirements needs a little research. You can choose the program based on your time availability, financial obligations and career objectives. You can look for programs and institutions offering various discounts, job placement support etc. while making your decision to enroll in such a course.
2. Practice Exams and Mock Tests
Preparing for certification examinations can be challenging as well as tiring for you, especially if you are not preparing in the right direction. After all the hard work we all look forward to finally getting our certifications, isn’t it?
Let me share a simple way to ensure your way to successfully getting your certification in the first attempt. When you choose your Six Sigma course training partner you must ask if they provide practice tests as part of the program. Practice examinations provide a real feel of the actual certification examination by training your mind based on the actual exam format, level and types of questions, time restriction, etc. that are crucial for you to be confident of while appearing in the real examination. By appearing for the practice tests, you can make yourself really familiar with the actual examination pattern and environment. This familiarity along with knowledge you have acquired in your training course will ensure definite success to get your certification.
3. Professional Networking and Study Groups
In today's corporate world, networking is the bare minimum skill that will be expected out of you. Networking not only introduces you to like-minded people but also keeps you abreast of the latest developments in your field.
One of the main ideas behind Six Sigma is to spread knowledge and share the best ways of doing things. There are a lot of study groups created for the purpose of sharing knowledge and valuable insights. In these discussion groups, leaders share their experiences, newbies ask questions, and in general, are a platform for anyone to have open discussions about the changes and developments in the Six Sigma arena. By joining these groups, you will not only be able to connect with industry experts, six sigma practitioners, and fellow six sigma enthusiasts but also get a lot of valuable insights.
Maintaining Six Sigma Certifications
Six Sigma is constantly evolving. Hence it is necessary for every Six Sigma professional to stay updated with the latest developments and changes. I suggest every Six Sigma certification holder get recertified every few years. This recertification not only gives an upgrade to your credentials but also opens up new career possibilities.
To remain valid as a Six Sigma professional, you will be required to engage in the continuous learning path. It could be anything from a workshop to an advanced Six Sigma course to a project using six sigma tools. Any process improvement activity that you take up will help you stay relevant.
Institutions such as ASQ and IASCC offer recertification exams before the expiry of the certification. You can recertify yourself by taking the recertification exams which are applicable with a fee.
The Future of Six Sigma Certifications
Six Sigma methodologies have been applied across the globe for decades since they help businesses function better. As we all know there have been a few changes in the way Six Sigma has been applied in the last decade. The new concept of Lean Six Sigma has been widely accepted since it combines the Six Sigma methodology with a new set of principles of reducing waste and improving efficiency. Six Sigma certifications are not only applicable in the manufacturing industry but also in the technology, healthcare, and service industries.
As technology continues to advance and industries change Six Sigma certifications will likely evolve to meet new challenges. We can expect to see more use of data analytics, artificial intelligence, and automation combined with Six Sigma principles. Six Sigma certifications will ensure a lot of cost is saved and businesses focus on more quality projects.
Six Sigma certifications have become a crucial factor in the current business setting. With a lot of organizations focusing on quality, as a Six Sigma certification holder, you will always have an upper hand in terms of career path and compensation.
Every organization strives to do business with a primary focus on quality delivery. The scope for six sigma professionals is only increasing. Staying up to date with the current trends will not only make you climb the corporate ladder but also will help organizations achieve accuracy with speed. With globally recognized and validated Six Sigma certifications companies and their employees can reach greater heights of business success.