In today’s fast-paced environment, organizations need a procedural framework that could fundamentally help their profitability. Many regard Agile framework as the main path for an effective enterprise development, a quick accomplishment of business objectives and fulfillment of client needs. It is difficult to understand the complete methodology at a glance, so organizations have initiated applying the Agile methodology to the team members gradually.
In case of organizational change, it is hard to adopt the new things at once. Team members need a thorough knowledge of the SAFe® practices, also it requires building new practices, leadership styles, and culture. SAFe® quickens Lean-Agile change with the new Implementation Roadmap, which guides endeavors consistently.
Agile Transitioning from Traditional methods of software development:
Fig. Project success rates statistics
Today, the Agile system is progressively discovering its place in software development ventures over the world. According to the State of Agile survey,
88% of the companies have adopted the Agile methodology, only 38% are implementing Agile practices for more than 75% of their projects.
Here are the steps involved in Agile transitioning that will help you in smoothly transitioning from traditional methods:
This is the first step toward Agile adoption to spread the awareness of the Agile methodology. The basic step in transitioning to Agile is skipping what has been learned by you in years of the traditional approach of working.
Providing training to the team members helps them to be familiar with the Agile practices and they will be more openly accept the changes.
3.Choosing a right approach-
Before making a transition to Agile, it is best to abstain from completing a project 100%. Instead, organizations can make an incremental progress by choosing a trail aspect by selecting the Agile mode. This will lower the risk of transitioning from traditional approach to Agile approach.
4.Redefining the roles of the team-
In an Agile team, team members should be familiar with their roles and the processes they need to implement in the project. This will make an easy transition.
5.Automating test processes-
Automation testing is the key feature of an Agile methodology. While implementing automation, developers need to discuss with the testers wherever necessary for setting up the automation process.
What is new in SAFe® 4.5?
Leading SAFe® 4.5 version is also known as SAFe® for Lean Enterprises, as it provides a better way of raising an alignment and execution over the entire organization. Here are the benefits of upgrading to SAFe® 4.5.
1. SAFe® 4.5 is more lean and agile, more configurable and cultivates speedier innovation and learning. It enables organizations to confer better and faster business outcomes.
2. SAFe® 4.5 is made to support all types of development environment. It supports from simplest to the toughest development environment. It has come up with four new configurations-
- Essential SAFe® - an initial phase which starts just after realizing the benefits.
- Portfolio SAFe®- adds portfolio level, strategy and investment funding, guidance on Agile programs, and Lean governance as a scenario.
- Large Solution SAFe® - for building large systems that involve Agile Release Trains and Suppliers
- Full SAFe® - for the largest firms those are seeking the benefits of the Lean-Agile enterprise.
3. SAFe® 4.5 is better configured to match the organizational needs. It permits companies to perform the following very easily:
- Use the Lean Startup Cycle and Lean User Experience(Lean UX) to test ideas faster.
- Using Scalable DevOps and Continuous Delivery Pipeline, organizations can deliver more quickly.
- With Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) and Lean Budget, enterprises can simplify governance and improve portfolio performance.
4. SAFe® 4.5 has provided a guide, which is called ‘SAFe® Implementation Roadmap’. This guide contains 12 series articles that escorts the crucial steps that an enterprise can implement to achieve long-term goals, based on the change management techniques for getting success early in the project.
5. The more interesting and useful thing about SAFe® 4.5 is that it is completely backward compatible. All you need to do is adopt advanced principles of SAFe® 4.5, reserving the old practices to its original position.
6. SAFe® 4.5 has come up with more innovations with Lean Startup and Lean UX. This coordination helps the organizations in commencing investments to form Minimum Viable Product(MVP). Additionally, feedback is carried out from the customers in order to form valuable decisions rapidly.
7. SAFe® 4.5 is built-up with the combination of Lean ‘hypothesis-build-measure-learn’ and Scalable DevOps & Continuous Delivery delivers more inventive solutions energetically. Being a major organization, you can enhance several solution components withSAFe® 4.5.
8. SAFe® 4.5 maximizes the speed of product delivery, from initial phase to delivery, and from customer feedback to required improvements, offering a build-measure-learn feedback cycle.
9. SAFe® 4.5 is more upgraded with the feature of quickest delivery using Scalable DevOps and Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
10. SAFe® 4.5 always emphasizes on simplicity. While implementing SAFe® in the entire organization, it allows working with unnecessary workflows and approval procedures that create bottlenecks.
Reasons to Upgrade to SAFe® 4.5:
Organizations were seeking a specific path to gain faster results in fewer efforts. The current version (SAFe® 4.0) was inefficient to manage this challenge.
So, to overcome this challenge, Scaled Agile Inc. has introduced SAFe® 4.5, the most improved version of SAFe® 4.0. It is a decision made after the field research of 1.5 years. The field research consists of the users’ feedbacks and lots of implementations. Finally, the decision has made about SAFe® 4.5 is that it is leaner, more Agile, and easily understandable and better at getting faster results as compared to its predecessors.
About SAFe® Agilist Certification:
When it comes to Agile, you definitely cannot achieve everything overnight. The first vital step is to get laser-focused. The SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification can be the best way to do it. The SAFe® Agilist certification cost ranges from Rs. 20,000 to 24,000.
SAFe® Agilist Certification value-
On completion of the SA training, you will-
- Learn how Lean, Agile, and Product Development flow form the SAFe® foundation.
- Learn how to apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise.
- Identify and apply Lean-Agile mindset and principles.
- Learn to coordinate the development of large solutions.
- Learn to enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills.
- Benefitted with 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs.
Summing it up
We all know that switching to other methodology in an organization is difficult. As it needs to adopt new changes, leadership styles and the methods. Just to make the transition easy, SAFe® works on Lean-Agile transformation with Implementation roadmap that guides on each critical steps to the organizations. The above-mentioned changes will help you to get an overview of the newest changes to the present framework.