In this age of fast and digitized world, if you just look around, you will find that almost all the businesses are dependent on quicker and more precise functioning. You can find the application of digital functions in every aspect of the company and trade that will help you achieve a detailed output. The end of the year 2018 will see almost a 30 percent increase in the usage of the Information Technology functions in large, medium and small-scale industries. This gives us the relevance in the field of ITIL.
ITIL or Information Technology Infrastructure Library is the use and application of Information Technology Service Management in the area of business that will make the arena of trade much more manageable. In the year 2018, ITIL has become an indispensable part of the trade world with almost all kinds of trades and transactions that are dependent on the application of Information Technology one way or the other.
The main motto of ITIL is to provide quality output with precision in the finished results. Using the ITIL service in the scenario of the functioning of business-related organization saves much of the company's cost. This implementation has a separate course where you can be a specialist in IT. As an ITIL expert, you need to take the responsibility of the organizations that are still dependent on the manual discourse of functioning. The expert will be responsible for implementing the entire digital way of operation, transaction, interaction, and client to the business support platform and many more. As per the words of Kaimur Karu who is currently associated with the ITSM of Axelos says, “The ultimate priority should be on delivering results.
Everything else is just a means to an end.” Fundamentals of ITIL and the complete stages are explained in the following video-
Five stages of ITIL
You can now easily understand the whole conceptualization and motto of ITIL. Soon coming back to the steps, there are five stages that are involved in ITIL. These are:
- Service Strategy of ITIL: First and foremost stage of ITIL consists of the instruction on how to implement and lay the foundation for IT services in a non-IT scenario or semi-IT scenario. On the part of the organizations, they will be informed about exactly which kind of implementation will help them to have the edge over their competitors. The IT departments would make the use of practical methods to describe the importance of IT in trade.
- Service Design of ITIL: After the successful implementation and inception of ITIL, the second stage now focuses on the design of the whole concept that will prove to be most beneficial for the most significant output. The efficient designs will help you to go for the perfection in addressing all the customer queries ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Service Transition of ITIL: With the implementation of ITIL, there comes a drastic change which could, in turn, affect the productivity. That is why this stage is involved with the systematic and planned implementation of the transition from non-IT or semi-IT deployment in a phased manner gradually so that it gets equally distributed and both business and customers get accustomed to the new order.
- Service Operation of ITIL: Now, after the successful implementation of all the changes, the next stage is to monitor if the new order is successfully able to function. The department of ITIL is to ensure that the new order is running smoothly and efficiently without any fear of loss or crashing down of the whole system. The department also provides hassle-free interaction between customer and business.
- Continual Improvement of Service of ITIL: After all these stages, the job does not end here itself. The ITIL expert should always keep on monitoring for any kind of error or discrepancy arising in the system. The expert must also be responsible for any kind of updates or improvements that are coming up with innovation every day.
Concepts of ITIL
Analyzing the concepts of ITIL is a crucial factor in respect to the stages of the deployment in the real time scenario. The concepts that govern the scenario of ITIL are:
- ITIL provides the efficient service to all the clients or organizations who are seeking its help without any kind of financial risk or losses.
- The ITIL expert would provide a set of capabilities and resources that are used for the successful implementation of the program.
- The provider who is concerned with the provision of Information Technology will also provide the value and utility that will ensure the perfection in functioning by removing all the obstacles. The warranty is also offered for the reliability and the longevity of the performance. Board member of DevOps Institute Jayne Groll shares that " DevOps does not in and of itself have a single body of knowledge, so it does support agile, lean and IT service management." about the most effective chain of ITIL.
- The specific objectives of correct output can be measured with respect to customer satisfaction is called the process that the whole function will be implemented.
- After that, you need to be very sure of the function that you need by the implementation of the ITIL. It is also essential to have the results that you desire from all these implementations.
Case study for successful implementation
Taking into account the example of a reputed Energy company, the successful implementation of ITIL is one of the examples how this company with its numerous head offices around the world in over 100 countries spread over six continents switched to the global centralized management system all by successful ITIL implementation. They have started this strategy from the year 2004, they have carefully implemented the plan for the overall and centralized communication to avoid the cumbersome process of collection of data and output from so many headquarters spread across the world.
Initially, 430 centers were consolidated into just four mega centers. Annually they set a target to reduce this distribution by 25 percent every year to gradually shrink to the centralized administration. Within three years, significant improvement in the sector of communication and functioning was observed saving up to 25 percent of costs increasing efficiency.