To apply for the Program Management Professional (PgMP), candidates need to have either:
- A Four-year Degree (Bachelor's or Global equivalent), with at least four years of Project Management experience and four years of Program Management experience.
- A Secondary Diploma (High school or Global equivalent), with at least four years of Project Management experience and seven years of Program Management experience.
Note: If the above requirements are not met, candidates can also consider the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential.
Candidates need to register and log in to PMI's Online System to get started.
- A printable PgMP application form is also available.
- Please refer to the PgMP Handbook for further information.
- As part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements program, a PgMP credential holder will need to earn 60 PDUs per three-year cycle
For more information, you may refer to the PMI handbook by using the link given below:
There are two evaluations for the Program Management Professional (PgMP) credential. The first evaluation is a Panel Review, and the panel review process begins once the certification payment is received, and the audit is completed (if your application is selected). A panel of volunteer PgMP -certified program managers will assess your professional experience based on your responses to the Program Management Experience Summaries on the PgMP application. Once you pass the panel review, you will be eligible to take the examination.
The PgMP examination consists of 170 multiple-choice questions. Of the 170 questions, 20 are considered pretest questions which are not scored. The allotted time to complete the computer-based examination is four hours.