- There are no prerequisites for the PRINCE2 Foundation certification course and exam. Basic project management experience in a real-world setting is beneficial but not required.
To get the most out of the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification course, you'll need a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2® fundamentals. You must hold at least one of the following certifications to sit for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam:
- PRINCE2 Foundation or above is required (applicable only to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009)
Certifications from Project Management Institute (PMI)®:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
More details at www.pmi.org
Certifications from International Project Management Association (IPMA):
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
More details at www.ipma.world
Certifications from the Association for Project Management (APM):
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)
More details at www.apm.org.uk
To have your prior certification recognized, you must be able to provide documentary proof to PeopleCert® — an AXELOS Examination Institute (EI) — that your qualification remains current.
You may register for the exam directly through the approved channels (see https://www.axelos.com for details).