- There are no prerequisites for the PRINCE2® Foundation certification course and exam. Basic experience with projects in a real-world context is helpful, though not mandatory.
To fully benefit from the PRINCE2® Practitioner certification training, you will need to have a firm grasp of the foundations of PRINCE2®. To qualify for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, you must have at least one of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation or higher (applicable only to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009)
Certifications from Project Management Institute (PMI)®:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
More details at www.pmi.org
Certifications from International Project Management Association (IPMA):
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
More details at www.ipma.world
Certifications from the Association for Project Management (APM):
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)
More details at www.apm.org.uk
To have your prior certification recognized, you must be able to provide documentary proof to PeopleCert® — an AXELOS Examination Institute (EI) — that your qualification remains current.
You may register for the exam directly through the approved channels (see https://www.axelos.com for details).
For further information on prerequisites, please refer the AXELOS PRINCE2® Prerequisites Handbook.