What is AWS IOT - Valuable features explained!
Amazon IoT offers a wide range of services which include device software, control services, and data services. When all the three co-exist in an environment, its result is an outcome which is smart and has the ability to take intelligent decisions.
AWS IoT solutions can be applied in the industrial field, helps connect homes, and can be used for commercial purposes as well.
Features of AWS IoT
- The services offered are broad, which include local data collection, analysing this data and offering insights.
- Amazon has brought about these services which help in the seamless data management process and rich analytics that help in efficient usage of IoT data which is noisy.
- It offers security to multiple layers of the service. It provides preventative security mechanisms that include encryption and access control to data which is housed in the device.
- It also comes with continuous monitoring and auditing of security configurations. Alerts can be received by the user which help mitigate potential issues, thereby providing a security fix to the device.
- It brings together the goodness of AI and IoT together, thereby making devices much smarter.
- Models can be created in the cloud, and deployed on the device where they gain the capability to run twice as fast as they used to run previously. This data is sent back to the cloud so that models can be improved continuously.
- It also offers machine learning frameworks which can be used to implement algorithms on specific dataset.
- It is scalable, and secure which has a cloud infrastructure that scales billions of devices all over the world.
- IoT can be used to integrate other Amazon services such as Lambda, S3, Sagemaker so that the resultant application is a complete solution.
- IoT provides device software, control services, as well as data services.
- Device software helps user to connect securely to the devices, gather data, take smart actions on them even when internet connectivity is unavailable.
- Control services allow the user to control, manage and safeguard large and wide variety of devices.
- Data services helps in the extraction of valuable data from noisy, unclean IoT data.
Device software include the following services:
- Amazon FreeRTOS
- IoT Greengrass
Control services include the following:
- AWS IoT Core
- AWS IoT Device Defender
- AWS IoT Device Management
- AWS IoT Things graph
Data services include the following:
- AWS IoT Analytics
- AWS IoT Events
- AWS IoT Sitewise
In this post, we understood about how IoT can be used to gain smart outcomes.