Leaders inspire and influence people with their thoughts and actions. Leaders motivate people to achieve bigger goals and dreams. Leaders have the ability to lead a community, an organization or a nation or even the world. People simply love to follow a good leader.
We have seen many great powerful leaders in the world. Studying their lives and their behaviour, we can understand some of the powerful leadership traits and skills they possess. We can learn from their abilities and can imbibe those skills in us.
Leadership can be seen as a very broad and generic subject to understand and deliberate. While different people have explained leadership skills in different ways, but at the core, leadership skills relate more to their behaviour, approach and most importantly their values. Leaders exhibit a high level of concern for the work as well as for the people. They truly believe in walking the talk.
Some of the powerful leadership traits and behaviour include the following:
- Compassion – Powerful leaders believe in their people. They truly care and feel for the well-being of their people. While they focus on achieving greater goals for their organizations, they also equally focus on the growth of their people.
- Courage & Confidence – Powerful leaders are not only confident about their own abilities, they also show the courage to promote new leadership within the team.
- Conviction – Powerful leaders demonstrate strong conviction on their beliefs. Their resolve remains steely.
- Commitment - Powerful leaders show highest levels of commitment. They never back out and never their people behind. They stand by their promises. People count on them.
- Clarity – Leaders are visionary. A leader creates new path, walks the path and leads other to walk on that path. Hence a powerful leader must have clarity about the final goals to be achieved. He/she should be able to set clear goals. Then only a leader will be able to motivate others in achieving them.
- Communication – Powerful leaders are great communicators. They remain in constant communication with all their team members and followers.
- Collaboration – Powerful leaders strongly believe in team work. It is only a team which can truly achieve greater goals. Hence they collaborate and focus on continuous team building.
- Celebration – Powerful leaders celebrate the achievements of their team. They believe in rewarding good performance. They encourage and reward their team members.
- Courtesy – Powerful leaders are truly humble and they show utmost respect to people.
- Credibility – Powerful leaders value their personal integrity the most. Their personal goodwill and character are their greatest assets.
Above are some of the personal traits which make a great leader. These traits can be learnt with experience. A great leader is self-managed, is a strategic thinker, walks the talk, shows compassion to the fellow members, inspires others, collaborates with others and empowers people.
Very much appreciated. Thank you for this excellent article. Keep posting!
This article was very helpful, thank you for the information.
Thanks for the informative tutorial.
It helps me a lot, thank you for this tutorial.
Excellent in short and sweet, where you covered it. For any discussion as such it works very well.