Every day, the demand for and scope of project management grows. Qualified and skilled project managers are constantly in demand. By 2027, an estimated 88 million project management positions will be available. With PRINCE2 certificates, you can demonstrate your aptitude and talents in project management, giving you a competitive advantage. Go for PRINCE2 Practitioner certification, and you will not be left behind.
PRINCE2 Foundation Overview
The PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner certifications will help you land a job at a renowned company in any city or a nearby city. PRINCE2® is becoming more popular across the world. As a result, there is an increased need for PRINCE2® certified experts in important roles in top enterprises. There are approximately 1 million qualified PRINCE2 practitioners worldwide, and it is widely recognized as the most widely used project management methodology.
Improve your project management abilities by obtaining PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner certifications, and you will be able to capitalize on the strong demand in various sectors. A qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner makes $16,000 annually in a first-tier city in India.
What is PRINCE2 Certification?
PRINCE2 is a process-based project management system that will teach you the core skills you need to be a successful project manager. It is an acronym for Projects IN Controlled Environments and is utilized and recognized globally. PRINCE2 is scalable, and the framework's most recent upgrade allows it to be more readily adjusted to each project you undertake. The certification is divided into two levels of qualification: Foundation and Practitioner.
PRINCE2 Foundation provides theoretical knowledge on planning, managing and delivering projects from start to finish.
PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is suited for anyone managing projects which could be a part of a formal project management function or a role that involves project management as part of day-to-day work.
What is PRINCE2 Foundation Course?
The Foundation level provides an overview of the PRINCE2 principles, concepts, and procedures. It teaches you to deliver projects on time and in budget, manage risk, and reduce potential difficulties. PRINCE2 Foundation curriculum comprises the principles examined in the exam to determine your ability to become a Project Manager.
The course was created by Axelos, a worldwide recognized organization that also administers the Foundation test to prospective project managers. This page provides an overview of the PRINCE2 Certification Syllabus's essential topics.
PRINCE2 Foundation Eligibility Criteria
You must satisfy or submit documentation of the prerequisites listed by Axelos. This organization administers the test to be qualified to sit for the PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner exam. This section summarizes the Foundation level requirements for PRINCE2 Practitioner, which are required before you can enroll in the course and take the test.
Conditions to Take PRINCE2 Foundation, Sixth Edition Exam
You are not needed to provide any supporting documentation for your prior credentials to enroll in the foundation-level course before taking the test. There are certain relevant theoretical requirements, such as:
- Basic knowledge of project management concepts and practices.
- Working in a supportive capacity on any project for an organization.
- Completion of any introductory project management course.
- 2 1/2 days of classroom instruction for prince2 2017 foundation.
- Self-study or online distance learning for the foundation test.
- From accredited training organizations for Axelos (Atos).
Qualifications for PRINCE2 Practitioner - 6th Edition Exam
The prerequisites for PRINCE2 Practitioner are shown below:
- You must be certified in PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher).
- Own a certificate that was earned after January 1, 2009.
- Those who belong to the Project Management Professional (PMP) community should:
- Your past education and community accomplishments will be honored (valid from 1 July 2014).
- To demonstrate that your former PMP certification is still valid, you must provide documentation of it to Axelos' Examination Institute (EI).
If you possess one or more of the following credentials, you can also meet the PRINCE2 eligibility requirements:
- PMI, the Project Management Institute (details at www.pmi.org).
- Professional in Project Management® (PMP).
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM).
- (Details at http://www.ipma.world) is the name of the international project management association.
- Level A® by IPMA (Certified Projects Director).
- Level B® of IPMA (Certified Senior Project Manager).
- Level C® of IPMA (Certified Project Manager).
- Level D® of IPMA (Certified Project Management Associate).
PRINCE2 Foundation Syllabus
The syllabus for the PRINCE2 Foundation course has been intended to examine the candidate's grasp of the PRINCE2 approach in terms of working well with it and blending smoothly in an environment where the Project Management team employs PRINCE2. Only after demonstrating your mastery of Foundation course material will you be able to take the Practitioner Certification exam.
PRINCE2 Syllabus Section 1: Understand Fundamental Concepts Linked to Projects and PRINCE2
What is in the curriculum for this section?
- A project's definition and attributes
- The six project performance elements that must be handled
- PRINCE2's interconnected elements include: the project's philosophies, topics, techniques, and surroundings
- What distinguishes a PRINCE2 project?
- PRINCE2 characteristics and advantages
- PRINCE2 is built on the customer/supplier context.
PRINCE2 Syllabus Section 2: Understand How PRINCE2 Principles Support PRINCE2 Approach
This section's PRINCE2 foundation course overview includes:
- Explaining the PRINCE2 principles, which include:
- Continued commercial justification
- Experiential learning
- Roles and duties are clearly defined.
- Management in phases
- Exceptional management
- Concentrate on products
- Tailored to the project Explanation of which components of a project may be customized
- Who is in charge?
- How are customization decisions documented?
PRINCE2 Syllabus Section 3: Understand PRINCE2 Themes and How They are Utilized Throughout the Project
This syllabus section's important points are mentioned below:
- Explain the significance of the business case topic
- Benefits management strategy, business case
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the business case theme.
- Define essential terms linked to the business rationale and their distinctions: outputs, consequences, benefits, and drawbacks
- Explain the significance of:
- Theme of the organization
- Approach to communication management
- Describe, at a minimum, what PRINCE 2 required for implementing the organization theme.
Describe the roles and duties of:
- Project board
- Senior user
- Senior supplier
- Project assurance
- Project manager
- Team manager
- Project support
Explain the following organizational concepts:
- The three project interests and how they are represented at the four management levels
- Explain the significance of:
- The concept of quality
- Quality management strategy, product description, project product description
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the quality theme.
Explain the following fundamental quality concepts and their distinctions:
- Quality control and quality planning
- Quality assurance and project assurance
- Acceptance criteria and customer quality requirements
Explain the significance of:
- The topic of the strategy
- Project plan, stage plan, contingency plan, and team plan
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the plans theme
Remember the stages in:
- The preferred method of planning
- The suggested method for defining and analyzing goods
- Considerations to make while organizing the project into management phases
Explain the significance of:
- The subject of risk includes the purpose of a risk budget
- Approach to risk management and risk register
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the risk theme.
Define major risk concepts and the distinctions between them:
- A risk can be a threat or an opportunity
- Types of risk response suggested
- The risk owner and the risk taker
- Cause, event, and consequence
- Risk likelihood, risk impact, and risk proximity
- Describe the risk management procedure that is advised.
Explain the significance of:
- The aim of a change budget, as well as the change theme
- Change management methodology, configuration item record, issue registration, issue report, and product status account
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the change theme.
- Types of issue
- The suggested approach for issue and change control
Explain the significance of:
- The concept of progress
- The daily log, the lesson log, the lesson report, the work package, the end stage report, the end project report, the checkpoint report, the highlight report, and the exception report
- Describe the minimal PRINCE2 requirements for implementing the progress theme.
Explain the following fundamental principles of progress:
- Controls that are event-driven and time-driven
- Tolerances and exceptions, as well as how tolerances and exceptions are set and reported.
If this seems too much, you can simply try the best Project Management certifications recommended by us.
Section 4 of the syllabus: Understand PRINCE2 Procedures and How They are Implemented Throughout the Project
The following topics are covered in the PRINCE2 course outline for this curriculum section. Explain PRINCE2 procedures' purpose:
- Starting a project, including the project brief's purpose.
- Project management, including the purpose of project start documentation (PID)
- Starting a project
- Managing a Stage
- Product delivery management
- Controlling a stage border
- Project completion
- Describe the goals of the PRINCE2 procedures (as above, excluding the PID and project brief)
- Explain the PRINCE2 processes' context (as above, excluding the PID and project brief)
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Format
The structure of the PRINCE2 Foundation test is intended to assess numerous common metrics of a candidate. This involves assessing how well they operate in a project management setting. The test is set up as follows:
Number of Questions
Type Of the exam
Number of (Right) answers needed to clear the exam
33 out of 30
The purpose of PRINCE2 Practitioner test is to determine if a candidate can successfully implement PRINCE2 principles in a real-world project management setting. The ideal applicant would be able to manage a straightforward project in a PRINCE2 setting with ease. The structure of PRINCE2 Practitioner test is as follows:
Number of Questions Asked
Type of exam
Number of correct answers to clear the exam
38 from 68
Passing Marks for PRINCE2 Foundation
It could be sufficient for many of you to pass the PRINCE2 exam's first two levels. You might find it fascinating to study the Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam pass rates before taking the test. In the UK, the average PRINCE2 test pass rate for the Foundation exam is 97 percent, while the average PRINCE2 exam pass rate for the Practitioner exam is 73 percent.
There haven't been any notable changes to these numbers recently. The Practitioner test is more challenging than the Foundation exam in terms of difficulty.
There are 60 multiple-choice questions on the closed-book PRINCE2 foundation certification 6th Edition test. The candidate gets 60 minutes to finish the test, which carries 1 mark for each question. Now, to pass PRINCE2 Foundation certification test, a candidate must properly answer at least 33 out of 60 questions, or at least 55 percent of the total questions.
The test is an open book type of 68 multiple choice questions that must be finished within 150 minutes for the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification 6th Edition. Each question is worth one mark, and to pass the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification test; a candidate must properly answer 38 out of 68 questions, or around 55 percent of the total questions.
Unleash your potential as a project leader with our Project Management Expert Certification. Enhance your skills and take control of your career now!
What is PRINCE2 Certification Cost?
The typical price for PRINCE2 Foundation is USD 1,099, and it is offered in several ways, including self-paced learning and online training.
The passing rate and passing mark data are provided to give you a general sense of the certification procedure. Learning about the PRINCE2 principles, themes, and phases, as well as how to effectively implement them in a company, should always be a goal.
Along with significant professional and financial rewards, PRINCE2 certification assures the continual use of superior project management techniques and methods. Enroll in the PRINCE2 certification program from KnowledgeHut PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course online to launch a successful project management career.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a PRINCE2 foundation course?
A globally renowned certification in both the public and business sectors is PRINCE2 Foundation. Obtaining a PRINCE2 certification improves your capacity to manage projects in a commercial setting and certifies your abilities as a senior project manager. Additionally, it enables you to outlearn your competitors.
2. What is the qualification required for PRINCE2 foundation?
Although prior project management experience is advised, there are no necessary PRINCE2 certification qualifying criteria to apply for the Foundation certification.
3. Is PRINCE2 foundation hard to pass?
PRINCE2 certification, available in two levels, requires candidates to comprehend the many parts of the PRINCE2 methodology, such as principles, themes, and procedures. Following that, they learn about the many requirements that must be met to apply the same procedures and themes to a project in an organization. With an intricate test methodology, students may find passing the Practitioner level exam challenging, but the Foundation boasts a 97 percent passing record in the UK alone.
4. What is the validity of PRINCE2 foundation certification?
The certificate for the PRINCE2 Foundation never expires. You may keep the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate as long as you like. The certificate is provided as an electronic PDF certificate. Even if you misplace it, the PRINCE2 test center that issued it will be happy to send you a replacement.