If you are already a proficient SAFe Scrum Master, you possess the strategic skills required to manage Agile teams in delivering business value. Now it's time to move on to the next level by pursuing the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master online training to ace the certification test to be a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master. With this online training, you will advance your skills as a Scrum Master and learn how to leverage the application of Lean, DevOps, Kanban and SAFe concepts to improve the business output.
Read the following SAFe Advanced Scrum Master study guide to learn everything you need to ace the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Test.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master - Overview
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training is the next logical step for existing Scrum Masters who want to improve their skills further in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This training will enable more efficient cross-team interactions to bolster the continuous improvement process. The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training includes the following topics:
- Introduction to DevOps practices and scalable engineering
- How Kanban Charts can represent the flow of value
- How to improve cross-team interactions between all the stakeholders of a project
- How to establish a more effective and a cross-functional team
After completing this training, you will be a certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master with advanced knowledge in the Scrum Paradigm. If you are worried about the certification prerequisites, you have nothing to worry about. The certifying institution for SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, Scaled Agile Inc., does not specify any critical condition for this course. However, it is recommended that the candidate who wants to pursue the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate is familiar with the concept of Agile Management and has already completed the SAFe Scrum Master training. It is believed that candidates who have completed the SAFe Scrum Master training have a better learning experience than the candidates who have not completed the training.
How to Study for SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
To study for the SAFe Advance Scrum Master test, you need to:
- Enroll yourself in a two-day workshop which will expose you to all the major concepts that need to be studied for the exam
- Read the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master study guide to understand the exam details and learn some tips and tricks to ace the test
- Do some self-study to learn more
- Before taking the actual exam, take a few mock tests to figure out your strengths and weaknesses in the subject.
Pursuing the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification is the next logical step if you want to take your Agile Management Training to the next level.
What to Expect From the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Test
The workshop covers all the major topics that the question are derived from in the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Test. But if you are still wondering what to expect from the test, we have mentioned below the time you need to prepare for the exam and some of the important details that you should know before you start preparing for the exam:
How Much Time is Required to Ace SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Exam?
The time needed to ace the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Exam depends on your pace of preparation. First, you must attend a two-day workshop to learn about the Advanced Scrum concepts. After qualifying from the workshop, you will receive a link within 48 hours to appear for the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Exam. You can appear for the exam anytime within 30 days of course completion. You can always attempt it a second time if you fail the exam on your first attempt.
SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Exam Details
Here are some of the details regarding the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster Exam:
- Attendance of Workshop necessary - It is mandatory to attend a two-day workshop before appearing for the exam. Depending on your attendance, the workshop instructor will communicate your eligibility details to the Scrum Alliance.
- Medium of Instructions - In the examination, the medium of instruction is English.
- Cost of the exam - The cost of the exam is $50, and this is typically induced in the workshop fees.
- Structure of the exam - You will need to solve 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The question can have MCQs with one correct answer or multiple correct answers. Read the section below to learn tips about multiple-choice questions.
- Passing Mark - You will need a score of at least 73 percent to pass the exam, meaning you need to mark the right answer for 44 questions out of 60.
- Results - You will get your exam results right after completing the test and clicking on the submit button.
- Closed Book Test - Unlike the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) exam, The SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® Exam is a closed book exam which means you are not allowed to carry any study material while giving the exam.
- Basis of the test - This exam is based on the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master study guide and the latest edition of the learning objectives of the Scrum Alliance.
- Length of the test - The test duration is 120 minutes. You cannot take breaks while the test is going on. If you lose internet connection during the test, you can go back to the test and pick up from where you left off because the answers are saved automatically as soon as you select them.
- Retests - If you fail the exam for any reason, you get another chance to appear for the exam for free if you take it within 30 days of course completion. However, if you retake the exam past the 30 days deadline, you will be charged $50.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Learning Resources
Here are a few SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Learning Resources that you can use to study for the test:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Student Workbook
Tips to Study for SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster
Following are some of the practice tips to study for the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master test:
Basic Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Tips for the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (SASM) Exam
- If the question is too lengthy, read the last sentence to get an idea of what the question is all about. You will be less likely to be confused by the tricky wording of some questions.
- Try to think of an answer before looking at the options provided.
- The question can have MCQs with one correct answer or multiple correct answers. Look at the instructions before solving the question.
- Read all the choices before making a selection. Sometimes, MCQs are made to look similar to trick the candidate.
- Try and eliminate all the obvious, incorrect answers first.
- Be vigilant of the choice that contains words like none, never, always, etc. The answer choices with these words imply very specific situations which can get tricky to solve.
- Before you finally submit the test, review all your answers to double-check.
Tips Specific to the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster (SASM) Test
- Choose the institution and your instructor after assessing the pros and cons and comparing it with others in the market if you are planning to pursue a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master online training. You should ensure that all the test materials and other resources are the latest editions.
- Before appearing for the actual exam, try taking up an Advanced Scrum Master Practice Exam. Thus, you can pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and prepare accordingly.
- Read the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master study guide to learn tips and tricks to ace the exam.
- While solving practice questions, try attempting them within a set time limit to prepare yourself mentally.
- Make a habit of flagging the difficult questions for reviewing later.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) helps businesses by guiding them on how to respond to change. This framework consists of well-known principles that allow companies to work in agile mode and succeed at scale.
Enroll in KnowledgeHut’s SAFe Advanced Scrum Master online training to boost your knowledge and advance your career in Agile Management. With this certification, you can apply for job roles such as product managers, project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, release train engineers, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I pass the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification?
Follow the steps below to pass the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification:
- Take up an online workshop and do some self-study
- Read the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master study guide
- Take a few mock tests
- Take the SAFe Advanced ScrumMaster® exam and ensure you get 44 answers correct out of 60.
- After passing the exam, you will be able to download your SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification.
2. How many questions are on the SAFe advanced Scrum Master exam?
There are 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the SAFe advanced Scrum Master exam. The question can have MCQs with one correct answer or multiple correct answers. To pass the exam, you will need a score of at least 73 percent which means that you need to mark the correct answer for 44 questions out of 60.
3. What is the difference between SAFe Scrum Master and SAFe Advanced Scrum Master?
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master is a course that you typically pursue after you have already completed the SAFe Scrum Master. It is the next step in your journey in the Scrum Paradigm. SAFe Advanced Scrum Master will help you build on that strong foundation that you built in the SAFe Scrum Master.