One of the most popular testing certifications in the market, the Certified Ethical Hacker credential provides the knowledge and skills needed for ‘white hat’ hacking. Certified professionals have the competencies required to anticipate cyber-crime, respond adequately to mitigate risks and control any damages caused due to security breaches. During the pandemic, leading organizations have turned to the digital world; and their investments in cybersecurity have increased as they have realized the critical importance of being cyber resilient. As a result, plenty of opportunities have opened up for skilled professionals in the cybersecurity wing of business enterprises and government organizations.
In this article we will be discussing the importance of the Certified Ethical Hacking course, and why you should choose this as a career option. We will talk about who is the right audience for this course, what are the benefits of gaining the certification, and what comes next.
What is Ethical Hacking?
Let us first understand what ethical hacking is. Ethical hacking is a process of penetrating applications/networks/smart devices with official permission for checking vulnerabilities, if any. This analysis helps in taking preventive and corrective measures to improve the cybersecurity of systems.
A Certified Ethical Hacker is a professional who is skilled at understanding the vulnerabilities of various systems and fixing them in an ethical manner.
Purpose of CEH
How does CEH certification stand apart from the rest of the certifications?
What can we learn from CEH in 2020?
|1.||Hacking Challenges on Steroids||24 incredible challenges across 4 levels including 18 attack vectors|
|2.||Emerging Attack Vectors||File less malware. Targeted Ransomware, Web API threats and web shell|
|3.||Enumeration Techniques||NFS, Telnet.SMB, FTP,IPV6,BGP|
|4.||Malware Reverse Engineering||Static and Dynamic malware analysis|
|5.||Cloud Computing||Container Technology, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless computing, Cloud Hacking methodology|
|6.||Hacking web applications||Web API.Web hooks, web shell concepts, Web API hacking and security|
|7.||Operation Technology||ICS, SCADA,PLC,HMI based attacks, Side-channel attacks|
|8.||WPA3||Encryption and cracking|
Why do we need to choose CEH as a career option?
- Ethical hacking follows five phases of processes, with each process laying out measurable ways of identifying vulnerabilities.
- Certified Ethical Hacker is the only certification which offers expertise across all the five phases.
- It is normally included as a practice in ongoing network assessment, penetration testing, or other risk assessment practices.
- Expansion of new technologies has increased the risk of cyber-crime, and Ethical hacking is now a standard practice across enterprises, governments, and startups.
- With increased dependence on data science across industries, the protection of digital and information assets is crucial.
- Hacking is a malicious act and companies are cognizant of these risks. To avoid attacks by hackers, all organizations are looking for qualified ethical hackers who can protect and save their digital assets.
- There is an increase in the job opportunities for ethical hackers, and the industry is estimated to grow exponentially over the next 10 years due to the data surge.
CEH is a career that is here to stay!
Who is CEH intended for?
Anyone who is interested to develop their career in ethical hacking, including the following:
- Information Security Analyst/Administrator
- Information Security Officer
- Information Security Manager /Specialist
- Information Systems Security Engineer
- Information Security Professional
- IT auditor
- Risk/Threat/Vulnerability Analyst
- System Administrators
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
Common Job Roles for Certified Ethical Hackers
- Mid-level information assurance security audit
- Cybersecurity auditor
- System security administrator
- IT security administrator
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Warning Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Analyst
- InfoSec Security Administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Network security Engineer
- SOC Security Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Senior Security Consultant
- Manual Ethical hacker
- Information security manager
- Jr. Penetration Tester
- Solution Architect
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Security compliance analyst
- Technology Risk and Cybersecurity Audit
Top benefits of CEH Certification
- Accreditation program
- CEH is an ANSI accredited program
- It is recognized by DoD and GCHQ.
- The curriculum is regularly updated depending on the market need and recent trends.
- Exam blueprints are based on 10 different elements including the practical aspects.
- Rigorous standards are maintained around the development and maintenance of the certification.
- Global Recognition
- Various job roles across the enterprises
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) credential is globally recognized by companies and organizations such as Deloitte, IBM, EY, and others
- The average payout to a Certified Ethical Hacker is $89,000 per annum
- CEH has consistently made it to the list of top paid IT certifications over the past decade.
- Good Corporate Career
- Standard corporate career designations across more than 30 different roles
- Beginner to Senior management roles – Analyst to CISO
- Good incentives for CEH professionals apart from salaries
- Strong Global community
- Good networking opportunity even to start your own company
- Mapped to Industry Frameworks
- Mapped to NICE 2.0 Framework
- Practical course and live case studies
- Ongoing CPEs
- Ease of access
- Online Proctored Exams
Benefits of Skill upgrade- the CEH Master Program
Holders of the CEH credential can take the next step with the CEH Master certification.
- Comes with practical assessments
- Global Recognition as an expert in Ethical hacking
- Performance-based training and certification
In this article we have seen the scope of CEH as a career option, the various benefits it holds, and why individuals must take this certification. The depth of roles ranges from Beginner to Expert to senior management, and there is growing global recognition for holders of this credential. As a result, you can avail of excellent job opportunities with great salaries. The next step in your learning journey can be the CEH - Master program.