In today's job market, it's more important than ever to be on top of your game. One way to do this is to invest in your education and get certified. Certified Ethical Hacker or CEH certification is one of the most popular and respected certifications in the IT industry. The EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker certification is a globally recognized credential that validates a candidate's skills in ethical hacking. This certification is designed for information security professionals who want to take their careers to the next level.
So if you are looking to enhance your career in information security? We are here to explore the top benefits of CEH certification in 2023. Keep reading to learn more!
What is CEH Certification?
CEH certification is a credential earned by cybersecurity professionals who have demonstrated their ability to identify, assess, and mitigate security risks. The CEH exam covers a wide range of topics, including network security, penetration testing, cryptography, and malware analysis.
To earn CEH certification, candidates must pass a proctored exam with a 70% or higher score. CEH certification is valid for three years and can be renewed by taking the latest exam version. Those who hold CEH certification are often employed as security analysts, penetration testers, and information security officers.
Who Should Pursue a CEH Certification?
CEH is a certification for information security professionals. The CEH exam tests candidates on their knowledge of hacking methods and tools and how to use them ethically and safely. CEH certification is one of the most popular information security certifications and is organized by employers worldwide.
While CEH certification is not required for all information security roles, it can be beneficial for candidates who want to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in this field. CEH certification benefits candidates to progress in their careers and earn higher salaries.
Top 5 Benefits of CEH Certification in 2023
As we move into the year further, there are a few things that professionals in the infosec field should keep in mind. One of those is the importance of the advantages of CEH certification. Here are five benefits of CEH cert in 2023:
1. You learn to start thinking like hackers
In order to effectively defend against cyber-attacks, you need to understand how hackers think and operate. CEH certification benefits by giving you insight into a hacker's mind. Your insight into the mind of a hacker teaches you how to anticipate and counter their moves.
2. Advanced InfoSec pathway for a career
CEH certification is a great way to take your InfoSec career to the next level. The certification demonstrates your commitment to cybersecurity and gives you the skills and knowledge to take on more responsibility in your role.
3. Boost your salary after earning CEH certification
CEH certification helps you boost your salary, but with the greater salary, there are more benefits to it, including the better CV restructuring and an advancement in your security career.
a. Looks Great on the CV
This CEH certification looks great on a CV and can help you stand out from the competition when applying for jobs. In addition, many employers are willing to pay a premium for candidates with CEH certification because they know that these individuals have the skills and knowledge needed to protect their networks and data.
b. Advance your Security Career
The CEH certification can help advance your security career. By earning this credential, you'll learn how to identify vulnerabilities in systems and networks and mitigate them. With CEH certification, you'll be able to move up in your career and take on more responsibility (and earn a higher salary).
4. You learn more about risks, threats, and vulnerabilities
As a CEH certified professional, you will have a deep understanding of the latest risks, threats, and vulnerabilities faced by organizations today. This knowledge is essential for developing effective security measures.
5. Useful for penetration testers and other professionals in the field
Penetration testers use CEH tools and techniques to test the security of systems and networks. The certification is also useful for ethical hackers, security consultants, and other InfoSec professionals who need to know how to find and exploit security weaknesses.
6. Accreditation program
- CEH is an ANSI-accredited program
- It is recognized by DoD and GCHQ.
- The curriculum is regularly updated depending on the market need and recent trends.
- Exam blueprints are based on 10 different elements, including the practical aspects.
- Rigorous standards are maintained around the development and maintenance of the certification.
7. Global Recognition
- Various job roles across the enterprises
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) credential is globally recognized by companies and organizations such as Deloitte, IBM, EY, and others
- The average payout to a Certified Ethical Hacker is $89,000 per annum
- CEH has consistently made it to the list of top-paid IT certifications over the past decade.
9. Good Corporate Career
- Standard corporate career designations across more than 30 different roles
- Beginner to Senior management roles – Analyst to CISO
- Good incentives for CEH professionals apart from salaries
10. Mapped to Industry Frameworks
- Mapped to NICE 2.0 Framework
- Practical course and live case studies
- Ongoing CPEs
- Ease of access
- Online Proctored Exams
If you're looking for a way to boost your career and earn a higher salary, CEH certification is a great option. This globally recognized credential will make you more marketable to employers and help you take your security career to the next level.
Benefits of Skill Upgrade the CEH Master Program
As a highly intensive training program, the CEH Master Program teaches participants the skills and knowledge they need to become certified ethical hackers. Students in the program learn about network security, web application security, database security, and many more.
In addition, the CEH Master Program also provides participants with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through a series of real-world scenarios. As a result, the CEH Master Program is an excellent way for individuals to upgrade their expertise to become certified ethical hackers.
How Does CEH Certification Stand Apart from the Rest of the Certifications?
CEH Certification is a globally recognized standard that validates an individual's knowledge and skills in ethical hacking. The CEH credential is awarded by the EC-Council, a leading provider of cybersecurity training and certification programs.
Candidates who pass the CEH exam are well-prepared to identify and mitigate risks in today's complex digital environments. CEH Certification is widely respected by employers and is often required for certain information security positions. In addition, CEH holders are eligible for membership in the EC-Council's elite group of certified ethical hackers, known as the AFCEA.
This prestigious organization provides its members with networking opportunities, resources, and education. CEH Certification stands apart from other information security certifications due to its comprehensive coverage of ethical hacking concepts and globally recognized stature. Those who hold the CEH credential are in high demand by employers and are well-positioned to make a positive impact in the field of information security.
What can We Learn from CEH in 2023?
|1.||Hacking Challenges on Steroids||24 incredible challenges across 4 levels, including 18 attack vectors|
|2.||Emerging Attack Vectors||File less malware. Targeted Ransomware, Web API threats and web shell|
|3.||Enumeration Techniques||NFS, Telnet.SMB, FTP, IPV6, BGP|
|4.||Malware Reverse Engineering||Static and Dynamic malware analysis|
|5.||Cloud Computing||Container Technology, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless computing, Cloud Hacking methodology|
|6.||Hacking web applications||Web API.Web hooks, web shell concepts, Web API hacking and security|
|7.||Operation Technology||ICS, SCADA, PLC, HMI based attacks, Side-channel attacks|
|8.||WPA3||Encryption and cracking|
Why Do We Need to Choose CEH as a Career Option?
- Ethical hacking follows five phases of processes, each laying out measurable ways of identifying vulnerabilities.
- Certified Ethical Hacker is the only certification that offers expertise across all five phases.
- It is normally included as a practice in ongoing network assessment, penetration testing, or other risk assessment practices.
- The expansion of new technologies has increased the risk of cybercrime, and Ethical hacking is now standard practice across enterprises, governments, and startups.
- With increased dependence on data science across industries, the protection of digital and information assets is crucial.
- Hacking is a malicious act, and companies are cognizant of these risks. To avoid attacks by hackers, all organizations are looking for qualified, ethical hackers who can protect and save their digital assets.
- There is an increase in job opportunities for ethical hackers, and the industry is estimated to grow exponentially over the next 10 years due to the data surge.
What is CEH intended for?
Anyone who is interested in developing a career in ethical hacking, including the following:
- Information Security Analyst/Administrator
- Information Security Officer
- Information Security Manager /Specialist
- Information Systems Security Engineer
- Information Security Professional
- IT auditor
- Risk/Threat/Vulnerability Analyst
- System Administrators
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
Common Job Roles for Certified Ethical Hackers
- Mid-level information assurance security audit
- Cybersecurity auditor
- System security administrator
- IT security administrator
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Warning Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Analyst
- InfoSec Security Administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Network security Engineer
- SOC Security Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Senior Security Consultant
- Manual Ethical hacker
- Information security manager
- Jr. Penetration Tester
- Solution Architect
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Security compliance analyst
- Technology Risk and Cybersecurity Audit
The CEH certification is a valuable credential that can help you in your Cyber Security certifications and your ever-glowing career. Earning the CEH certification will give you access to many benefits, including job security, higher salaries, and more opportunities for advancement. The CEH certification is well-recognized and respected in the cybersecurity industry, and it will continue to be important in 2023 and beyond. If you are interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity, the CEH cert should be at the top of your list and you must look out for the other added benefits of certified ethical hacker certification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Who is eligible for CEH certification?
CEH certification is available to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in ethical hacking. There are no prerequisites for the exam, although it is recommended that candidates have at least 2 years of experience in this field.
The exam itself consists of multiple-choice and scenario-based questions and covers a wide range of topics, including network security, cryptography, and penetration testing. To successfully pass the exam, you must opt for top courses like KnowledgeHut’s CEH certification and get your hands on the CEH credential easily, which is valid for three years.
2. What is the cost of CEH certification?
CEH certification generally costs between $600 and $1,000. The price will vary depending on the provider and the format of the course. Some providers offer online courses that can be completed at your own pace, while others require attendance at in-person classes.
In addition, the price of CEH certification may be lower if you are renewing your certification or if you are a member of an industry association such as ISC2 or (ISC)². Overall, CEH certification is a relatively affordable way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in cybersecurity.
3. How long does it take to get a CEH?
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) credential is awarded by the EC-Council after the successful completion of an authorized training course and an exam. The CEH course requires ten days of learning, four hours per day. Once you have completed the course, you will be able to take the certification exam and begin your ethical hacking career. CEH certification is valid for three years and can be renewed by completing a recertification exam.
4. Is the Certified Ethical Hacker certification worth it?
The CEH certification is a great way to get started in the cybersecurity field. Coursework includes network security, system hardening, and ethical hacking. The certification exam is also challenging, making it a good way to prove your skills to potential employers.
However, the CEH certification is not always necessary for entry-level positions. In many cases, employers are more interested in experience than credentials. As such, it's important to weigh the costs and benefits of CEH certification before deciding whether or not it's right for you.
5. Is CEH certification enough to get a job?
CEH certification is a widely recognized certification in the information security field. Earning your CEH credential can certainly help you get your foot in the door for many entry-level positions. However, it is important to keep in mind that CEH certification alone is not enough to guarantee you a job. Many employers also value experience and may require candidates to have one or more years of professional experience before applying for a position.
In addition, some organizations may prefer candidates who have earned additional certifications or who have completed a degree in information security. As a result, CEH certification is a valuable credential, but it is just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to landing a job in the field.