Big companies are always concerned about quality management. Precisely, by removing the cause of defects and manufacturing products and other business processes consistently with minimized variability. One of the ways to achieve that is through deploying the Six Sigma Strategies, a set of techniques and tools used to improve business processes. If you are interested to learn about the Six Sigma career opportunities, read on.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a methodology that equips businesses with tools to enhance their business processes. The Six Sigma method is a process that is used to analyze and reduce errors or faults using statistics and data analysis. It efficiently reduces errors and increases profits with the help of statistical analysis. If you wish to succeed in this field, check out the Six Sigma Course details brought to you by KnowledgeHut.
Why is Six Sigma a Good Career Path in 2023?
Although Six Sigma was primarily developed to carry out manufacturing processes, giants like amazon, Atmos, Google, and Wipro have already started implementing Six Sigma. Six Sigma has been successful in successfully aiding big companies to optimize their business processes. Six Sigma is no longer restricted to manufacturing companies and has expanded to assist the finance, hospitality, and even the healthcare sector. Hence, the demand for Six Sigma jobs seems to be growing daily. It will be an excellent career choice.
How to Start Your Career in Six Sigma?
To start a career in six sigma, you must possess the essential understanding and skills. You should enroll in a course based on your qualifications for greater employment chances. There are no specific qualifying requirements for pursuing any of the Six Sigma certificates. If you intend to take any of the certifications provided at various levels, you, however, must have some job experience and training.
If you are enrolled in the training program, you must pass an exam at the end of the program. Only if and when you pass the test you will be issued Six Sigma certificates based on the level of training you had chosen. You can check out the qualifying requirements for various six sigma certifications here.
1. Six Sigma Yellow Belt
For obtaining the Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification, there is a requirement.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt
To obtain the Six Sigma Green Belt certificate, you must have at least 3 years of full-time experience working in your area of expertise. Check out the Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online by KnowledgeHut, if you want to delve deeper into this field.
3. Six Sigma Black Belt
For the Six Sigma Black Belt certification, you must have completed one or two Six Sigma Green Belt projects, and additionally, at least 3 years of full-time work experience in your area of expertise.
4. Masters Six Sigma Black Belt
For the Master's Six Sigma Black Belt certification, you must possess a Six Sigma Black Belt certification. Additionally, you must have a full-time work experience of at least 5 years in the role of Six Sigma Black Belt. Also, you must have completed at least 10 Six Sigma Black Belt projects.
Skills Required for a Good Six Sigma Career Path
1. Programming languages
As a Six Sigma professional, you will need knowledge of programming languages. Sound knowledge of programming languages like SQL and Python is vital to be a Six Sigma professional.
2. Data analysis
As a Six Sigma professional, you will need knowledge of data analyses. Primarily, you should be able to measure the central tendency and variability, graphically representing the data and accurately interpreting its shape.
Six Sigma professionals must be great in management. They have to inform the stakeholders of any anomaly that might have occurred in the development process of any project. They also must be able to take in suggestions from stakeholders and implement them effectively.
4. Leadership abilities
Six Sigma professionals must be able leaders. They are the ones in charge of bringing out the best in the employees in the company in times of need. Leadership skills are important in lean six sigma careers.
Career Path to Become a Six Sigma professional
There is no specific requirement to obtain a career in Six Sigma. However, you need to complete the Six Sigma certifications in order to work as a professional in this field. The certifications could be the Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt, or Masters Six Sigma Black Belt. Check out how six sigma helps in career building by checking out the positions each certification provides.
Here are the job positions you can get offered upon completion of each of the Six Sigma certifications:
A) Six Sigma Yellow Belt job positions
- Technical Support Manager: Your role would be to ensure there is no technical issue in the company, ensuring everything gets done on time and within budget.
- Quality Project manager: Your role would be to oversee the company’s quality control and report to the Senior Quality Analyst.
- Supply Chain Manager: Your role would involve overseeing all activities including identification, acquisition, production, and distribution.
B) Six Sigma Green Belt job positions
- Senior Quality Analyst: Your role would be to deliver ISO training and implementation.
- Territory Manager: Your role would be to ensure the business quality of the territories you are assigned to.
- Transformation Consultant: Your role would involve process mapping and marking non-value add steps to design lean processes.
C) Six Sigma Black Belt job positions
- Senior Transformation Consultant: You would oversee all activities carried out by all Transformation Consultants.
- Senior Executive: Your role would be to measure and oversee productivity at different levels and mark, plan and implement initiatives to improve productivity and growth.
D) Masters Six Sigma Black Belt job positions
- Operational Excellence Specialist: Your role would be to spearhead continuous growth culture across your company reinforced by the Six Sigma approach and other technological advancements.
- Unit Head: Your role would involve the development, documentation, and implementation of all policies in the IT department of the company.
The Future Scope of Six Sigma: Based on Location
The expanding scope of Six Sigma indicates that there will be an increase in its demand worldwide. Check out the scope of Six Sigma based on location. Take a look at the salaries each country offers!
- Six Sigma careers in India offer excellent salaries. The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in India is ₹10,00,000.
- Whereas, the average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in India is ₹17,60,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in Canada is C$80,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in Canada is C$95,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in Australia is AU$1,09,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in Australia is AU$1,33,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in the UK is £43,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in the UK is £52,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in the US is $87,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in the US is $1,06,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in UAE is AED 2,16,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in UAE is AED 2,38,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Green Belt certification in Singapore is S$88,000.
- The average annual salary of a person with the Six Sigma Black Belt certification in Singapore is S$1,16,000.
Career Opportunities After Six Sigma Certifications
If you are wondering “how can six sigma help my career?” check out the positions that it offers.
1. Lean Specialist
Taking up a lean Six Sigma career path will require you to work as a Lean Specialist. A Lean Specialist takes part in the continuous improvement of the processes of a company. They mainly work for product, system, operation, and process-focused companies. They evaluate work procedures to determine opportunities for improvement, as well as teach how to improve business and manufacturing methods.
2. Supply Chain Management
You will monitor every stage of the manufacturing process. This includes the procurement of raw materials to the final delivery of the product. As a Supply Chain Manager make sure the proper amount of goods is manufactured at the right time.
3. Human Resource Management
Many professionals after pursuing Six Sigma certification opt for Human Resource Management. They use their data analysis abilities to make the right recruitment choice and also enhance benefits for employees.
4. Quality Management
Quality Managers ensure proper quality standards are adhered to while manufacturing goods or products. They carefully conduct tests relating to quality control and keep a tab of products at each stage and make notes of manufacturing problems.
5. Project Management
Project Management Experts are in charge of planning and executing projects. They are also entrusted with the task of adhering to budget constraints and delivery timelines. They establish effective communication between stakeholders and lead teams by helping them meet objectives.
Ways to Boost Your Six Sigma Career Progression
1. Upskill yourself
If you have obtained a Six Sigma Green Belt certification, do not stop right there. Upskill yourself by finishing more projects and aim to obtain further certifications to enhance your value as a professional.
2. Look out for internship opportunities
Do not wait till you get a job. Keep yourself in the loop by doing internships. Internships are designed by big companies and they increase your likelihood to bag a job in one such company.
3. Broaden your network
Keep attending more events organized by your company or other companies to meet more people in and across your field. Exchange your contacts and keep in touch with them. You never know who might be able to help you in your career.
Six Sigma Career Benefits
Here are some career benefits of Six Sigma that you must consider-
At the end of the day, all we want is a full pocket. Due to its increasing scope in almost all industries, Six Sigma professionals are offered hefty pay cheques for their job.
1. Broad Scope
You name it and it is applicable: healthcare, manufacturing, retail, or higher education, Six Sigma will find its way everywhere. This is one of the most important features of Six Sigma.
2. Enhance Value
A Six Sigma certification allows you to work on quality control issues, remove errors, and keep production running smoothly. These aspects are high in demand among employers.
3. Enhance Business Processes
With a Six Sigma certification, you will be able to improve business processes with your understanding and knowledge of the characteristics of your organization. Your Six Sigma certification will help you analyze, control, and improve business processes.
The need for Six Sigma certifications is expanding in multinational companies, government agencies, private individuals as well as corporate houses. These certificate courses will add value to your resume and help you get noticed by employers. With these courses, you will be able to build incredible leadership skills and tread a career path that is both lucrative and exciting. Check out KnowledgeHut’s Six Sigma Course details to thrive as a professional in this field.